Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea salt!

1. Default

There are still salt evaporators in Southern San Francisco Bay (Alviso). They use levies to capture the tidal water. Been going on since late 1800's. The salt is washed in water after it crystalizes. Go figure.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Coincidentally, I watched Jimmey Stewarts Laramie this morning. There's the scene where they are collecting salt from a dried lake.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

4. Default

A few years ago there was a tv ad that proclaimed their product contained "low sodium sea salt". As far as I am concerned, salt is salt.

5. Default

The only difference in sodium is by volume since sea salt is generally coarser, but otherwise the same.

Salt, including sea salt, kills the coronavirus. So does UV light and high temperatures. So if you are violating the law and walking on a beach in Florida and you get sneezed on by a COVID-19 victim that is a illegal Mexican "refugee," drinking Corona beer, and partying on the beach... Just jump into the water and then let the sun's UV rays dry your hair! You'll be just fine.
    Last edited by RED; 04-30-2020 at 06:52.

7. Default There is a salt mine under lake erie by cleveland,ohio

Still in operation and the salt is mined for use as corrosive , vehicle destroying, bad news road salt.

Relative has an F 150 , maybe a 2000 something, the frame is swiss cheese and he cannot tow with it for fear of buckling and tearing apart the frame.

I have always felt that vehicles should be built with components integrated into large module sections that could be easily pulled and replaced, but logic and what should be does not enter into this .

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    Still in operation and the salt is mined for use as corrosive , vehicle destroying, bad news road salt.

Relative has an F 150 , maybe a 2000 something, the frame is swiss cheese and he cannot tow with it for fear of buckling and tearing apart the frame.

I have always felt that vehicles should be built with components integrated into large module sections that could be easily pulled and replaced, but logic and what should be does not enter into this .
    I remember when cars driven exclusively in the rust belt wouldn’t last 10 years.