Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Default

Years ago, UV light was used to disinfect public restrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

The count on time usage during the five o’clock follies shows that Trump appears 65% of the time, Birx 10% and Fauci 5%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    It has been hot in some parts of the world for some time now. Yet the virus continues to give trouble.

It has been described as an indoor disease. In those places where it's person to person contact, indoors, in air conditioning, the season may make little difference. For example, in any factory or food plant.

As for Trump, the attitude is that if he finally hits on a miracle treatment, no one will care how many duds he hawked first. "Always Be Selling".

you know that is also the attitude for medical testing, R&D etc etc,

and has been since Man has been around,

so basically, we Humans have always been selling,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    Years ago, UV light was used to disinfect public restrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

The count on time usage during the five o’clock follies shows that Trump appears 65% of the time, Birx 10% and Fauci 5%.
    know a guy that works as an EMT/Firefigher in a local county,

he told me the new Ambulances have UV lights in them,

after a call, if a patient is picked up, they spray out the Ambulance, the close up the doors and flick a switch,
    UV lights in the body burn out any bacteria or virus present,

he said they have done swab tests to verify and nothing survives

Sure folk medicine and herbal cures and bottles of whatever passed off as miracle cures. Then we decided as a country to cut the crap and scientifically evaluate things. Contrast Trump's pitch on hydoxychloroquine ("what have you got to lose?") to any serious medical professional (so excluding Drs Phil, Oz, and Giuliani). Like night and day. Trump is a salesman. His product has been the Trump mystique. Then a stock market bubble. Now it's whatever quick-fix treatment is trending on the internet. Whether a product is good for the long run or not is irrelevant. All that matters is that it's a hot idea now. It's a genuine wonder he isn't hawking a mix of CBD oil, vitamin E, and Finesteride for Covid. After all, what have you got to lose? And who knows, you sleep better and have some hair regrow.

Meanwhile we have the makers of Lysol putting out a press release stating "um, please don't inject this anybody". Why would they feel the need to do that? People talk about the other guy having cognitive issues?

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Boggs I read your post as a critique of those who would wish this virus and the restrictions away, because they are not easy burdens to bear. If that's your angle then I agree with you. If you had something else in mind then I don't follow you.
    To wish anything away is a fool's errand! As an individual I do not have to do business with a nation that has hurt my country/people and has the desire to place my country under their thumb. I am just one small person and I can write letter's to CEO's all day asking them to go elsewhere to buy. I am not naïve in that they will listen to me. They will listen if the stuff is not sold as the bottom dollar is what they look at. Can I make a difference?...maybe. I can vote for those who will listen to me and if enough of us do this then the corporations will start to listen as well.
    If not then I will continue to prepare my family for what will happen as best as we can. What we had is gone, what is ahead is an uncertain one at best.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by shadycon View Post
    If UV rays kill this virus, will UV lights placed in work areas help eliminate the spread of the virus?
    The The harmful effects of UV light are well documented. If UV lights were used when people were present, they would need protective equipment like UV resistant glasses (sunglasses) and UV resistant clothing to minimize the contact of the rays to the body. This technology is used in some outdoor sporting clothing.

Using UV in an empty area could be effective.

Depending on the amount and form of the radiation, as well as on the skin type of the individual exposed, ultraviolet radiation causes erythema, sunburn, photodamage (photoaging), photocarcinogenesis, damage to the eyes, alteration of the immune system of the skin, and chemical hypersensitivity. Skin cancers most commonly produced by ultraviolet radiation are basal and squamous cell carcinomas.

Ozone generators could also be used, but high concentrations of Ozone is dangerous to humans and other living things. Ozone drops the extra oxygen molecule to oxidize everything. It will damage the lungs quickly.

1. I was incorrect about Trump and his statement that disinfectants could possibly be used directly into the lungs. He did say that. The clear proof that he messed up on that one is his staff saying he was "taken out of context." Often when a spokes person says you were taken out of context you weren't.

2. On UV light. It is used as a disinfectant. It is also a two edged sword. The body cannot make vitamin D without U.V. light which is why WWII submariners were periodically exposed to UV lamps. The harmful effect of UV light has caused people to slather on sunscreen which does retard skin cancer and wear better quality sunglasses to prevent cataracts, but The use of sunscreen and more clothing coverage in direct sun, (which retards vitamin D synthisis) to prevent skin issues is also the reason doctors test for vitamin D on routine blood work and regularly recommend vitamin D supplements.

If UV lights work this well you would think in the "new world" (life after COVID-19) that they would not only be used in the work place but at any commercial kitchens and baths along with usage at hospitals, schools, prisons, hospice, daycare and rest homes where possible. Perhaps they could be used during the nights when no human contact would occur like the ambulance service mentioned above. We may be hearing more about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    1. I was incorrect about Trump and his statement that disinfectants could possibly be used directly into the lungs. He did say that. The clear proof that he messed up on that one is his staff saying he was "taken out of context." Often when a spokes person says you were taken out of context you weren't.
    I assume he meant antibiotics but of course that's not what he said.

So much for UV lights!
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

As it turns out the comment about disinfectants was a sarcastic remark to the reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    As it turns out the comment about disinfectants was a sarcastic remark to the reporters.
    Didn't look that way at the time. Sarcasm isn't retroactive. And even if it was, what's the gain of Trump sarcastically free-associating about Covid-19 to the American public on live TV? This is just another cleanup on aisle 45.