Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Brace yourself, Canadians!

Goes without saying that Trudeau, previously plotting new gun restrictions, won't let the Nova Scotia tragedy go to waste. No report yet on the weapon used, but don't think it was an "assault rifle."

If it was an "assault rifle" I'm 98% sure you'd know now.
    Last edited by Art; 04-20-2020 at 03:30.

Probably was Glock.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Probably was Glock.
    Sam
    Glock, lever action rifle, pump action centerfire rifle, autoloading or pump action shotgun, revolver, .22 rimfire pump or autoloading rifle, some combination of guns.......the possibilities are extensive.

It is interesting that its been over 24 hours and the authorities are mum on this.
    Last edited by Art; 04-20-2020 at 03:45.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    It is interesting that its been over 24 hours and the authorities are mum on this.
    Working hard, no doubt, to dig up some right-wing extremist connection to blame.

So far the police have not said what weapon was being used. Given that the killer was dressed as a police officer, he almost certainly had a pistol but I am virtually certain that he also had a long gun. A TV news broadcast that I saw, happened to have a photo of an empty cartridge case lying on the ground. The cameraman presumably took the photo to show that there had indeed been a shots fired at that site (one of 16 sites that he was active at). There was no indication whether the cartridge was from a police weapon or the killers but it was a rifle cartridge case. My first assumption was that it was probably a .223 but on reflection, I think that it might have been a .308 / 7.62 NATO. The case seemed a bit stubby in its proportions for a .223. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he had an M14 or a Chinese made M14 clone. The Chinese clones are usually fairly easy to obtain (see https://marstar.ca/product/the-m305b...762x51mm-nato/) and up till now have been legal.

They will almost certainly say that the rifle was "smuggled" in from the U.S. and demand we "do something" about it.. betcha!
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he had an M14 or a Chinese made M14 clone. The Chinese clones are usually fairly easy to obtain (see https://marstar.ca/product/the-m305b...762x51mm-nato/) and up till now have been legal.
    If this was the rifle used, stock up now & pray the forthcoming ban won't be retroactive. I've never heard of this Chinese clone, & since I can't afford Springfield Armory's overpriced model, I've just been looking for info on these Norincos. Here's an exceptionally well done You Tube video that explains their popularity in Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7hj5HHRpH4 The "presenter" here is far superior to the usual YT buffoon, though his clear & intelligent description of the Norinco's faults deters, rather than inspires, me to acquire one. And who outside of Canada would have believed new SMLEs were being produced with quick detachable mags? Guess this is what you're forced to accept when AR types have been banned; maybe a preview of what's coming for us after the next election!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    If this was the rifle used, stock up now & pray the forthcoming ban won't be retroactive. I've never heard of this Chinese clone, & since I can't afford Springfield Armory's overpriced model, I've just been looking for info on these Norincos. Here's an exceptionally well done You Tube video that explains their popularity in Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7hj5HHRpH4 The "presenter" here is far superior to the usual YT buffoon, though his clear & intelligent description of the Norinco's faults deters, rather than inspires, me to acquire one. And who outside of Canada would have believed new SMLEs were being produced with quick detachable mags? Guess this is what you're forced to accept when AR types have been banned; maybe a preview of what's coming for us after the next election!
    we had them here in the US for a bit,

Norinco and Poly imported a pile of them until China imports were cut off,

generally good rifles

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

WOW!.. I'm safe from those Chinese M14s here in New Jersey... they have been banned here since 1991. Can still get M1As and M21s though (no bayonet stud allowed).