Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700 ADL

Default 700 ADL

While shopping for .22 ammo @ Walmart they were putting out a 700 30/06 rifle package with synthetic stock and a cheap scope. What attracted me was the price of $389.00. Last summer my Axis II went to Issac as he wanted one for hunting in WV so I traded work for it. I went ahead and bought the rifle home and inspected it. Bolt is slick as usual for the 700, stock is so-so and the trigger is superb. This has the new trigger with no creep and a decent let off for a cheap rifle, much better then the Axis. I have a 6x24x40 that I plan to put on it as this will be a long range "pest" gun.
    Looking on the web the price is often $100.00 more then what I paid for and that surprises me. I am going to see if I can order one in .223 for the same price as well.
    Back in 72 I had a buddy who had a 700 in .222 and that gun could shoot. Bob would take his baby's empty juice cans and fill them with dirt, lay the can down exposing only the bottom and @ 200 yds hit it all day. Bob rolled his ammo on a Pacific press balancing out everything careful as one should. Every round was as perfect as he could make it and his ammo worked.
    Sam

[QUOTEWhile shopping for .22 ammo @ Walmart][/QUOTE]

Sam, with all your health problems you say you have , you go shopping at Walmart ?????????

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    [QUOTEWhile shopping for .22 ammo @ Walmart]
    Sam, with all your health problems you say you have , you go shopping at Walmart ?????????

john in SC[/QUOTE]

Not an issue, I am there every day! I have an N100 duel respirator, heavy driving gloves and when I get home I change into my "home" attire. One thing I am keenly aware having worked with possible infected people is virus control. Working with AIDS was a whole new ball game for me.
    Sam

Have been shooting Rem. 700 rifles since my brother gave me a BDL in .270 Winchester back about 1980. Have bought, used, enjoyed and sold at least 40 in various calibers. Across the years the 700 has been the most consistently accurate factory rifle out of the box I've ever used regardless of caliber. The old trigger was superb. Easily set up for field use or ... with some care, easily set up for hot-shot target shooting. Have had some that got down below .5 MOA for five shot groups. Even 10 shot groups would stay at about .75 MOA. Get yourself a Rem. 700 and if the stock doesn't please you, go drop it is one of the aftermarket wood or synthetic stocks. Lots of excellent factory ammo available. With handloads, you just might do even better. You'll be hard pressed to find any factory rifle that will do more than equal a Rem. 700. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Remington needs to make the 700 available in 22LR like the old 40X. Like their old adds stated "you should spend the most on a rifle that you shoot the most". I believe it would be a big seller for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    Remington needs to make the 700 available in 22LR like the old 40X. Like their old adds stated "you should spend the most on a rifle that you shoot the most". I believe it would be a big seller for them.
    Our club was Army issued 513T along with white box ammo in .50 ammo cans. When our son was 11 I gave him a 511, back in 1968 my Dad gave me a 572 which I still shoot. Dad paid $20 for it and no serial number is on it as none was applied.
    Sam

Congrats on getting a great rifle at a 1970s price .

You can sometimes get a really good deal at big box stores on firearms. We have here in Texas a chain of outdoors stores called Academy, it's sort of the Walmart of hunting, fishing, camping and sports such as biking, basketball, etc. I had been looking at prices for Marlin Model 1894 carbines in .357 Magnum. The little rifles are pretty darn expensive most places bringing $750.00 to $1,000.00. I found one at Academy for $650.00, at least $100.00 cheaper than any other place for an 1894.
    Last edited by Art; 04-17-2020 at 09:34.

A few years ago our local Walmart was clearance out all of the high power rifles due to our area.We live in a very flat area in Ohio and no backstops to stop the round from going for miles.So the Department manager called me up to see if I wanted to buy any,so like a fool I said no after checking them out.I could have bought them up and flipped them for a big profit but like a fool I called a bunch of Friends up and passed the info on.I have a bunch of rifles in that caliber but we use them to shoot in matches.

You did very good.

I gave my son a 541 new in the box from the CMP,he was only 3 but we started to shoot from the bench.He moved to high power at age 8 and has not picked up any 22 for a long time.But we are thinking about going out next week and fire our 22 rifles.After you were talking about 30:06 rifles went down and started to clean a few.Thanks it picked me up.