Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Jeez, that's more extreme than wearing a mask! Makes no sense at all if he's washing his hands frequently--if the virus can impregnate his clothes, why would it not at the same time be inhaled into his lungs while he was in the contaminated environment? Even a MD can fall victim to irrational superstitions.
    I know several folks that are working, (not Dr's) that do similar,

one guy I work with has a laundry room right as he enters from his garage,

he takes off his shoes in the garage, pants and shirt as well and tossed them in a basket,
    after a couple days, he washes the basket load,

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I know several folks that are working, (not Dr's) that do similar,

one guy I work with has a laundry room right as he enters from his garage,

he takes off his shoes in the garage, pants and shirt as well and tossed them in a basket,
    after a couple days, he washes the basket load,
    Well, no surprise in this time of media-inflamed hysteria. But ask them, "If the virus has attached itself to your clothing, why hasn't it attached itself inside your respiratory tract?" An ordinary mask, if that's what these crack-brains are wearing, won't stop the virus!
    Last edited by clintonhater; 04-15-2020 at 07:51.

Blog Entries

What about wiping down the milk and stuff that goes in the frige? Wash vegies too.

Last time I had an operation, the only people wearing masks weren't me. They wore them to keep a sterile field to protect me. There was nothing inside me that would hurt them.

That's why "they" say the mask is to protect others, and it really isn't all that effective for the wearer.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    What about wiping down the milk and stuff that goes in the frige?
    Absolutely--don't stop at only partial craziness, go all the way!

That's why "they" say the mask is to protect others, and it really isn't all that effective for the wearer.
    It isn't--it's to protect others if YOU are coughing; which is why people with even a cold or any condition causing coughing have for many yrs been expected to wear a mask in public in Japan & Singapore, & get harassed by people around them if they don't.

The mask keeps you from touching your face transferring germs on your hands to your face.

Blog Entries

What about wiping down the milk and stuff that goes in the frige? Wash vegies too..
    I guess you have a sanitary trunk or P/U bed. Anything that is cold cold will sweat and pick up whatever it is set in (fuzz, dirt, dog hair..when's the last time you went to the dump?)

Safeway , after being "acquired" by Kroger, quit putting gallon milk nxxxxx OJ, iced tea in bags/sacks, but they will ONLY if you ask them to. Your shopping experience may be dIfferent.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    -I'd eat **** before I'd drive a Jap truck- It takes some getting used to. It will reduce the population of people. Cleansing takes thought and direction. Your not an epidemiologist. I'd eat **** before I'd walk around with a mask on all day. Screw NY. I'll move to Montana. If it gets up there well then I guess it was God's will or something. Remember Harry Truman, the guy who refused to leave Mt. St. Helen's? That shows some style.
    But Harry Truman only risked his own life. If you move to Montana carrying the virus with you, what then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Well, no surprise in this time of media-inflamed hysteria. But ask them, "If the virus has attached itself to your clothing, why hasn't it attached itself inside your respiratory tract?" An ordinary mask, if that's what these crack-brains are wearing, won't stop the virus!
    it's what makes them feel safe, and they are convinced it will help,

not for me to burst that bubble,

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you have a sanitary trunk or P/U bed. Anything that is cold cold will sweat and pick up whatever it is set in (fuzz, dirt, dog hair..when's the last time you went to the dump?)

Safeway , after being "acquired" by Kroger, quit putting gallon milk nxxxxx OJ, iced tea in bags/sacks, but they will ONLY if you ask them to. Your shopping experience may be dIfferent.

kroger called that Strive for Five, as in a minimum of 5 items per bag, but Eight was Great, if you could get eight to fit,

once had a guy, his title was ROS (Retail Ops Superintendent) , we naturally called him a POS,,

anyway, he set up some product on a register at a meeting and showed all us Store Managers how to pack a bag,,

it a paper bag, and square and tight, and he managed to fit a pile of stuff in it,

of course,, the customer does buy all the same stuff, or want you , or that kid bagger, to stand there for a few minutes trying to get each item in the bag like a puzzle,,,,

Blog Entries

I went to work as a bagger for Kroger in 1960, and worked as stocker and in produce. Part of the bagger training was how to bag the 50 lb (large), 25 lb and 5 lb paper bags. They did say to bag for the customer, ie. Little old ladies don't carry heavy bags. Ice cream always went in a plastic bag, and any cold stuff always went in a sack, except ice. 60 years later I still have a deformed half moon on my right thumbnail because a helpfull little old lady closed her car's back door on my thumb.
    Last edited by PWC; 04-18-2020 at 04:27.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    it's what makes them feel safe, and they are convinced it will help,

not for me to burst that bubble,
    Went to grocery store yesterday. Checker wearing mask & gloves, plus a big plastic screen between me & her. Laid my canvas shopping bag on counter, but she said she wasn't allowed to touch it even with gloves, so I'd have to fill it myself, which I prefer anyway because I ALWAYS do a better job than the checkers. Was tempted to ask her if the items I'd bought had been sanitized, but of course realized this craziness was not her choice. In this state, throw-away plastic bags had recently been banned, halleluiah!, but this panic has precipitated a return to the old throw-away culture.