Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cosine26 View Post
    CO of Theodore Roosevelt
    Let me present the Theodore Roosevelt situation in a more succinct manner. The CO of the TR transmitted, intentionally, unintentionally or carelessly, Information through non secure communications (it was leaked to the press) information that indicated that there was a problem on one of the main weapons system of the Pacific Feet. There was the distinct possibility/probability that the problem was so serious that it may and could have escalated to the point that a major element of the USN in addition to the Pacific Fleet was ineffective. A nuclear powered air craft carrier is one of the most complex weapons system, in a very compact complex package. Confinement of personnel (while not as compact as the WWII cruisers on which I served) makes separation not an option.
    It has not been released which crew members were disabled, but there are few unimportant positions on a nuclear carrier.
    Had ADMR Halsley (in the clear) transmitted that his fleet had been severely damaged by typhoons in the Pacific in WWII, the Japanese Navy could have taken advantage of the situation and prolonged the Pacific War.
    Maintaining secrecy in these tumultuous time id of prime importance.
    IMHO
    FWIW
    That is why they took Obama's Blackberry away from him. But that battle has been lost.
    When push comes to shove,you do what you think you have to do. Not necessarily the right thing every time. A little panic not held down can result in bad decisions. The spastic reach for the cell phone is natural nowadays. There is a remedy for that. Did they not cover that at NAVAIRSCHL? I hope the former captain recovers from his cough.
    Last edited by dryheat; 04-09-2020 at 03:25.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

A few weeks ago I had hypothesized, to make a point, that better pandemic defense might be worth a couple of CVNs in terms of their contribution to national security. It was assumed by some, erroneously, that I was proposing some kind of swap. I wasn't. But this business with the TR illustrates that a pandemic can take ships out of the fleet. Which reinforces my original point, which is that if we're spending big money to protect the nation, some of that money should go to bio-defense in the future, because without it, the other weapons systems may be taken offline, and the country will be unprotected. Put another way, bio-defense is right up there with the Navy as the first line now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    A few weeks ago I had hypothesized, to make a point, that better pandemic defense might be worth a couple of CVNs in terms of their contribution to national security. It was assumed by some, erroneously, that I was proposing some kind of swap. I wasn't. But this business with the TR illustrates that a pandemic can take ships out of the fleet. Which reinforces my original point, which is that if we're spending big money to protect the nation, some of that money should go to bio-defense in the future, because without it, the other weapons systems may be taken offline, and the country will be unprotected. Put another way, bio-defense is right up there with the Navy as the first line now.
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    link?
    Sure, go ahead. But the point, that pandemic defense is moving up fast as a national priority, seems obvious enough regardless.

Blog Entries

you said you mentioned,,,, so please show us a link to prove your greatness

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    you said you mentioned,,,, so please show us a link to prove your greatness
    http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...Dems-win-again

Posts 23 and 25.

Added: I see you use the Royal "Us" now. The only one who had an issue was you. Then and now.
    Last edited by togor; 04-10-2020 at 08:18.

Blog Entries

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...Dems-win-again

Posts 23 and 25.

Added: I see you use the Royal "Us" now. The only one who had an issue was you. Then and now.
    just cause I am the one that asked, doesn't mean others did not want to know,

getting defensive again,

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the link,

didja ever ask your kid about the question asked at the end of the thread?

Yes I did ask your question. Answer is: don't know. My kid is a resident, just getting started. The how's and whys of hospital placement above pay grade. At this point just about working somewhere (for a social worker's salary) that affords the kind of training a doctor seeks to advance their career.

Blog Entries

Yes I did ask your question. Answer is: don't know. My kid is a resident, just getting started. The how's and whys of hospital placement above pay grade. At this point just about working somewhere (for a social worker's salary) that affords the kind of training a doctor seeks to advance their career.
    no, you did not (you did not post after I posted what to discuss)

, but since your kid is a resident, he , like you said, likely has no access to the bureaucratic part of the planning process,

I did read elsewhere, and IIRC, Tsimonetti mentioned it as well in a post, that in NY, the state regulates how many and where Hospitals can be built,

betting after this pandemic is all said and done, that process may be revisited and changed a bit

Yes I asked your question, but did not post a reply until your follow-up above. I gave you the reply now, and if you want to ding me for tardiness go ahead. Hopefully won't affect my final grade (probably getting a F in jouster2.com anyways)