Thread: Underwood .....

1. Default Underwood .....

Was just going through my totally disorganized filing cabinet in search of some needed info for this years dreaded tax filing.

Didn't find the needed proof of a particular business expenditure... but what I did find was a stash of some old gun purchase receipts. This one belongs here

Purchased from an FFL at a gun show on 4/26/97 was Underwood ser. # 6139030 in very nice condition

It came with original barrel and a few Underwood parts and two mags and was sitting in a handsome pot belly stock.

Also included was a genuine G.I. period canvas carry bag {1944 date I believe} a mag pouch, a sling and a correct period bayonet .

It proved a very good shooter...as far as carbines go .

Credit card was hit that day for $475.00 and I got a free coffee mug with the deal.

Mug says Riley's Gun Shop on it and I'm still drinking my morning coffee from it .....

carbines been gone a long time now and at a profit way back then ...

Would that have been Riley's in New Hampshire?

3. Default

Yeah .... Riley's in N.H. very sorry to hear it is now gone . Once purchased a 70 series Colt Gold Cup there with the serial number of 4545. Very kool serial number for a .45

Riley's was a special place back when

Yes it was. Once bought some reloading supplies there and another time checked in my deer as it was a checking station. Man that was 33 years ago. Time flies and one doesn't even realize it.