Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I think I posted a meme about "I hope corona virus kills everyone, so Trump will be blamed."
    If everyone is dead, he wont be blamed.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    if you would not be insulting, and re read your own post, you would think otherwise,

if you used a few of those brain cells you proudly tell us about
    "Epic" in this usage means a long story (not in poem form probably), which in this case is truly tragic. The connection of individual leadership decisions to sufferings both great and small among the people will fill pages upon pages. A "great tragedy" means a very large one, not a really cool one.

It's also tragic that some people watch what is going on and chief among their worries is how it could hurt Trump politically. If Citizen Trump has a fever, he'll get his test results in an hour. If he needs a respirator, he'll have one of those too. Citizen Trump will be fine, even as President Trump flinches before the call.
    Last edited by togor; 03-26-2020 at 01:20.

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    Jesus H Christ, don’t you know what the CDC stands for or who its director is? Look up Redfield’s background and notice the criticism of him when appointed CDC director (perfect Trumper).
    Looks like that apparently Oscar is still in need of treatment.
    Sam

4. Default

Oh Boggs, you are such a loser. You matching wits with me is the equivalent of you throwing hanging curves to Mike Trout.

Even hanging one takes a little skill, as does standing 60 feet away from Mike Trout while serving him up cheese.

Or in Boggs' case, 46 feet.

For sure, use a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    Oh Boggs, you are such a loser. You matching wits with me is the equivalent of you throwing hanging curves to Mike Trout.
    Yep, still in need.
    Sam

Okay since baseball is on hiatus, here is a fun video of Greg Maddux pranking Kris Bryant. Maddux is a HOF pitcher, one of the best of all time, and Kris Bryant is the 2016 MVP and plays for the Cubs. Maddux is one of my favorite pitchers of all time. Not a strikeout pitcher with a 90 MPH fastball, but incredible control, a lot of movement on his pitches, and an excellent fielder of his position. Not to sound like a fossil here but I found that earlier era of baseball a lot easier to watch. The modern era of heat+movement, launch angles, foul balls, strikeouts and home runs makes for 30 seconds of highlights on SportsCenter but not the game I grew up playing and enjoying. Anyways, the video.

Blog Entries

time to chill in this thread,,,,,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    time to chill in this thread,,,,,
    This is what happens when you cancel opening day.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    The stories written about how this thing was mishandled in the early days will be tragically epic. At current trends we will blow everyone else out of the water in cases, for a time.

And to think it's still just beginning.
    Whatever are we to do? I guess you will be writing one of those epic stories.
    Well, actually it's supposed to be poetry. But no matter-
    www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=Epic
    A word, whose meaningful definition(s)and correct applications are now obscured ... There are too many "epic" examples to count, just go walk onto a college ... Since we are defining words.
    I watch a lot of photography channels and Iceland has epic landscapes. If you hike a long way it was an epic journey. If you have some imagination you can picture the Nordic voyages written in some ancient scrawl.
    Scrawl: never mind.
    -And to think it's still just beginning.- Wither the thought.
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-26-2020 at 10:50.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.