1. Default USMC sights - Bill Bentz

Is Bill Bentz still making the USMC style sight inserts for the 1903?

Bill, If you see this posting, please let us know with your current contact information.

thanks all.

This was good last year.

dcm450shtr@gmail.com

3. Default

If you're talking about the front sight blade, S&S Arms makes a repro for $35. (Versus $5 for the regular blade!)

Is the Marine blade thinned down on the bottom to fit the slot in the standard front sight base? Or does it require a special base?
    Last edited by clintonhater; 03-29-2020 at 09:44.

It’s thinned down and fits fine. The USMC blade is thicker and shaped differently if you are going to use a cover for this you’ll need a USMC front sight cover which is larger. A regular 03 front sight cover will not fit.

Bill Bentz also has reproduction USMC front sight covers.

J.B.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    A regular 03 front sight cover will not fit.
    Won't worry about that, as I find any kind of cover or hood distracting when shooting with a blade--don't want to see anything but the top of the blade & the target.

That would be a higher blade to zero the average 03 at 200 using the battlesight, correct?

with the rear sight leaf down and the USMC front sight, should be zeroed at 200 yards

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    That would be a higher blade to zero the average 03 at 200 using the battlesight, correct?
    I've recently discovered the difference myself, not with the M1905 sight, but with the Lyman 48 on my NRA Sporter. When I replaced the standard blade with one of Bentz's repros, my group dropped about 4". However, lowering the zero on the battlesight wouldn't have been the only advantage of the USMC blade--the wide & sharp top makes a much more precise aiming point than the standard blade; in fact, it's almost the same width & shape as the original Win. Mod. 52 front sight, before most shooters began using globes..
    Last edited by clintonhater; 04-12-2020 at 07:42.