Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using time at home to improve M14 regiment.

Default Using time at home to improve M14 regiment.

While many of us are spending time sheltering in place, it's a great opportunity to improve our M14 shooting skills.
    Snapping in and dry firing can not only help your scores on the range, but can assist in a better mental attitude and physical condition all around.
    I decided to add a regiment of getting down into prone position, dry firing 10 shots, get back up, lift the M14 over my head a few times, get back down and into position and repeat. This can really be a benefit for us older folks with all the stretching and moving. With a week of this exercise under my rather large belt, I have noticed my tongue only hangs half as far out of my mouth after a 30 minute routine and getting down and back up no longer feels like an impossible mission.

Examples: Old photos but presents the general idea.

Prone dry fire.

Before, minus the shooting jacket.

After, feeling like a new man.

Last edited by nf1e; 03-24-2020 at 05:47.

Blog Entries

when I was shooting Service Rifle I did the same in an unused bedroom,

I used a post it note with a small dot on it (we are talking 15 feet, at the most)

also used a Daisy Air Rifle, similar to the ones the CMP sells and a bullet trap in the Garage,
    diagonally I could bet maybe 25 feet,

There are just so many things we can do at home to improve both attitude and physical condition. We simply need " to get up and do something" and stop whining about things we have no control over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    There are just so many things we can do at home to improve both attitude and physical condition. We simply need " to get up and do something" and stop whining about things we have no control over.
    absolutely

5. Default

Thanks for the inspiration - I just realized I have a pellet rated bullet trap and an old Daisy "Target Trainer" rifle and a lot of BBs! Love the Pictures! You are the Man!
    Also cleaned two guns last night, renewed the VPI/Remoil on my old Model 12 shotgun as it looked a little dry. Lots we can do with downtime if we would just think about it - to prepare for better (or worse!) times. CC
    Last edited by Col. Colt; 03-24-2020 at 01:17. Reason: add stuff
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

With a shortage of N-95 protection, get creative.

ha ha ha. what, no m14 part you can use for noseplugs? thanks sir for the entertaining post.

8. Default

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

9. Default

Back in the day when I shot competitively in service rifle matches, I had one of my M1A and M1 Garands converted to a .22LR single shot to shot .22 gallery ammo in the basement of my home in the winter months to keep my competitive edge until it warmed up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fjruple View Post
    Back in the day when I shot competitively in service rifle matches, I had one of my M1A and M1 Garands converted to a .22LR single shot to shot .22 gallery ammo in the basement of my home in the winter months to keep my competitive edge until it warmed up.
    would like to see how they were converted