Default Half the deaths in the U.S. are in New York

To many Italians? The [govenor] was appalled that people are just strolling about like nothing has happened. I can hardly believe it myself. Then saw this item; this thing is maybe going to peak(U.S.) early in May. I have a pellet gun and there plenty of birds building nests in my back yard. I think the dove are edible, I don't know about the blackbirds.
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-23-2020 at 06:25. Reason: edible
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Kill all the starlings!

Quote Originally Posted by pcox View Post
    Kill all the starlings!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    ….. I have a pellet gun and there plenty of birds building nests in my back yard. I think the dove are edible, I don't know about the blackbirds.
    Doves are a game bird in the south (a song bird a lot of other places) and the meat is excellent if you like dark meat, it's almost the color of venison. I hunt and eat them every chance I get which is seldom now. When I was a kid in Louisiana some dove hunters would fill out their bag with black birds, which were not protected, if they didn't get enough doves. I never ate black birds but I understand the taste is similar to dove but they are scrawnier. I recall that some folks there would target Robins which were supposed to be excellent eating, as well as not too bright which made them easy targets. They were a protected song bird though, and the Superintendent of Schools in the Parish we lived in was busted by the state game wardens with 25 Robins. That was an expensive day.
    Last edited by Art; 03-23-2020 at 12:08.

5. Default

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

99 in NYC some more out in Suffolk County on Long Island too many people packed in a small place Going to get worse before it gets better...

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    To many Italians? The [govenor] was appalled that people are just strolling about like nothing has happened. I can hardly believe it myself. Then saw this item; this thing is maybe going to peak(U.S.) early in May. I have a pellet gun and there plenty of birds building nests in my back yard. I think the dove are edible, I don't know about the blackbirds.
    Recipe for blackbird pie. Looks complicated.

Most anything is edible--just ask the chinks. Some believe this is why the chink virus started in China.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/81623/black-bird-pie.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/s...ronavirus.html