Default shopping this morning

Didn't need anything in particular except half and half for my coffee, but had a coupon for BJ's so went there. Got there about 930 this morning and what a zoo. No toilet paper or paper towels. and the line to check out went all the way to the back of the store... at least a 45 minute wait.. I walked out.

Wen to a convenience store on the way home, gassed up for 1.95 a gallon and got a bottle of half and half for 2 bucks and NO WAIT.

This is unbelievable.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

This panic buying is a direct result of all the alarmists on TV and the media airing all the alarming news 24/7.

Walmart was quiet this morning, yet shelves are starting to restock including TP and hand sanitizes.
    Sam

4. Default

The MSM is keeping score. Sonoma County had its' first death attributed to the Wuhan Virus.

In Portland, I got all the food we need. No TP though, but a solution is at hand. The groceries have seen a run on meat but the locel German butcher shop has plenty. Bread was gone so I rode down to the Franz bakery outlet and filled the saddlebags. The Laurelwood brewpub is selling 32 oz cans out the door for $7.50 and the gym is still open 24/7. I'm putting in the garden for this year.

Not a lot of traffic out on the streets.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    In Portland, I got all the food we need. No TP though, but a solution is at hand. The groceries have seen a run on meat but the locel German butcher shop has plenty. Bread was gone so I rode down to the Franz bakery outlet and filled the saddlebags. The Laurelwood brewpub is selling 32 oz cans out the door for $7.50 and the gym is still open 24/7. I'm putting in the garden for this year.

Not a lot of traffic out on the streets.

jn
    This could be a wise decision for many this year, A VICTORY GARDEN for your family. This week we are redoing many of our expired plants and planting new ones to help sustain us.
    Sam

Local Wal-Mart is restocking pretty good, full bread shelves, canned vegetables and meats not bad. Picked up large bag of rice and beans along with dried milk. Ammo shelves restocked, no CCI and I picked up 2,200 rds of Winchester. Rem 700 30/06 synthetic scope outfit around $400 and here I am "stuck" with a ton of 06 military brass and nothing to shoot it in!
    Sam