1. Default 1903 SA barrel value?

Hi All
    What would be a rough guess on the value of a SA 11-42 1903 replacement barrel? Both sight bases are on it and the bore is in good condtion.

Thanks
    Old Sarge

If it is one of the new ones ( as in never installed ), it would be worth $100 to me. If it is a take off, probably $50.00

There aren’t any barrels available and haven’t been for quite awhile for the Springfield 1903. I’d say your barrel was worth more than you think. I’ve been watching eBay barrels for the 03 and the only ones I’ve seen are Remington A3 barrels and they sell with a wide price range none are under $150 some are up to $400. A HS is in the $400 range.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    There aren’t any barrels available and haven’t been for quite awhile for the Springfield 1903. I’d say your barrel was worth more than you think. I’ve been watching eBay barrels for the 03 and the only ones I’ve seen are Remington A3 barrels and they sell with a wide price range none are under $150 some are up to $400. A HS is in the $400 range.
    easy to check on ebay,

just hit advanced and input a search, then click the sold button,

this one appears to be new in the wrap, and brought good $$

if the one you have is not new,, numbers (throat and muzzle) would be good to have

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield...p2047675.l2557

Would need to know muzzle reading to narrow it down, but a used barrel with both bases and a good bore she be around $225-250.

That ebay barrel seems a little high. $300 has been the going rate for a while on WWII NOS barrels with both bases.

Mike