Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Indoor shooting with chamber insert

Did some indoor shooting with a chamber insert that uses either 32 S&W or 32 ACP, range
    was about 20 feet. I am using a Lee Enfield BSA 1906 Mark 1*** with all matching parts
    except the nose cap which is not numbered. This rifle has an excellent trigger pull toodscn3220.jpg

Blog Entries

nice looking groups!

Soft lead bullets at 25 yds. fired from a surplus military rifle ... lots of fun! Chamber inserts work! Or ... load cast lead bullets! Load up and fire away! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Default BSA 1906 Mark 1***

Besides the target photo, I thought that a few more photos of the rifle would be nice to
    post. Over the years I have picked up a few Mark 1*** Lee Enfields and all that were found
    had the new serial number and the Irish pre fix CR or ER (also G series too). About
    twenty years ago I found a BSA 1906 Mark 1*** without any Irish pre fix or second serial
    number - which I consider not common to find in the USAdscn0225_0061.jpgdscn0220_0056.jpgdscn0221_0057.jpgdscn0222_0058.jpg

5. Default

I've picked up a couple of 303 chamber inserts.

British S.M.L.E Enfield Caliber Convertion Sleeve rifled. Caliber 4 X 6 mm Flobert (1920) or 4 mm ZENTRALFEUER RWS. Made by Tauler - Master (Madrid) circa 1940

Can use Flobert 4mm 'short' or 4mm 'long'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (35.3 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg d.jpg (78.6 KB, 22 views)

Quote Originally Posted by The Armourer View Post
    I've picked up a couple of 303 chamber inserts.

British S.M.L.E Enfield Caliber Convertion Sleeve rifled. Caliber 4 X 6 mm Flobert (1920) or 4 mm ZENTRALFEUER RWS. Made by Tauler - Master (Madrid) circa 1940

Can use Flobert 4mm 'short' or 4mm 'long'.

nice. does the rifle have a special bolt for those rimfire rounds.

Default chamber inserts

Most chamber inserts that convert the standard caliber to use a rim fire cartridge have a off-set firing pin inside
    the chamber insert. I have one in my 5,56mm/223 insert for 22 long rifle. If works nice nice but you need a
    rod to punch out the empty and the firing pin each time.

Those inserts for the 303 cartridge make be rifled inside for very short rangeP1010011_0011.jpg

8. Default

I also have chamber inserts for my 410 & 12g shotgun to convert them to .22rf.

As has been said the round is held off centre so the centre-fire striker hits the edge of the rim-fire case.

The 12g adapter has a channel so you can get your finger nail in the flick the 22 case out, but I have made a little 'wire-poker' to assist.

Allows me to use low power .22rf Shot-shells in buildings for getting rid of Pigeons or rats.
    A 410 or 12g would 'blow' the roof out, but the .22rf shot-shell has an effective range of about 15-20 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWccdivTGgU
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Armourer; 05-09-2020 at 10:14.

thank you gentlemen for the replies. i have two, one for a .223/.22lr. and one for a .22 hornet/.22 lr. i use them in a contender pistol that has the duel firing pins. but for indoor shooting i get better accuracy when using a small rifle primer and a .22 hollow based pellet in the hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    Besides the target photo, I thought that a few more photos of the rifle would be nice to
    post. Over the years I have picked up a few Mark 1*** Lee Enfields and all that were found
    had the new serial number and the Irish pre fix CR or ER (also G series too). About
    twenty years ago I found a BSA 1906 Mark 1*** without any Irish pre fix or second serial
    number - which I consider not common to find in the USAdscn0225_0061.jpgdscn0220_0056.jpgdscn0221_0057.jpgdscn0222_0058.jpg
    I picked one up a couple years back, a BSA No.1***. The forestock had been shortened, the upper handguards missing, as well as the metal. Perfect bore, good headspace. It also has the original serial number lined out, and a new one applied with the ER prefix. No import marks. Doubt I'll ever find the correct pieces for it, so I'm trying to gather enough MkIII pieces to at least get it 'in the neighborhood'.