Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to ID and help prevent Coronavirus

This was sent to me by a friend.. Reported to come from a doctor who worked in china
    . nothing confirmed but makes sense..

1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold

2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.

3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 C (79 F). It hates the Sun.

4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.

5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.

6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.

7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.

8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.

10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days

2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE.
    Last edited by rayg; 03-11-2020 at 04:46.

"...How to ID..." Um, not exactly. There have been cases of positive tests that display no symptoms of any kind.
    The coronavirus is not pneumonia. Pneumonia can be caused by the virus but primarily only in severe cases though.
    Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
    The WHO says, common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...ice-for-public
    Oh and gargling with salt water doesn't prevent anything.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Good post Ray, hope you and everyone else here stays healthy.

4. Default

Makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...How to ID..." Um, not exactly. ]
    Oh and gargling with salt water doesn't prevent anything.
    I would suspect they mean to gargle and spit it out to flush any virus out of your mouth out..
    Last edited by rayg; 03-12-2020 at 07:44.

6. Default

Bacterial soap for a virus? Heard some other experts say this; doesn't add up to me. Besides, using anti-bacterial soap kills good bacteria as well and makes one susceptible to other sickness. I prefer just plain ole soap.

3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 C (79 F).
    If that were true, it won't survive in the human body with an average temp of 98.6 F.

8. Default

Good lord can we just talk about guns.

Got toilet paper? Supplies running low, ya know!

Good lord can we just talk about guns.

I really wish someone would...……… I don't reply much anymore as most "discussions" are political.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Got toilet paper? Supplies running low, ya know!
    Yes, I have plenty. I always but a huge package so I won't have to remember to get more later. If the national supply runs out, I still have running water and a wash cloth. ( which I use also in addition to paper)
    Last edited by Emri; 03-13-2020 at 04:35.