Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So it's Gun Talk in name only

If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Yup

Blog Entries

apparently

Well, its gotten to be a pretty good place to post and read about military history, planes, ships, battles and individual acts of heroism. Plus a fair share of ranting and raving, which you don't have to click on.

jn

oops, forgot to include tanks and artillery
    Last edited by jon_norstog; 03-14-2020 at 03:43.

5. Default

When Dick and Gloria first set up the "Gun Talk" forum, Dick said that it was a forum where you could talk about anything including beagle hounds, cigars, etc. Today underneath the forum header it still reads: The "Cracker Barrel" Forum! Post whatever you like.

Once politics got too heavy, they set up the 2nd Amendment Forum as a no holes barred political forum.

Richard

Re: Guntalk, etc. Agree. Sign of the times.

Of more interest to myself, want to compliment you on the slings that I have bought from your company. Have bought the 1907's as that is what I like on my rifles. Been using one or another of the type for forty years. Yours have been of excellent quality. Even better than the USGI slings that I used for so long. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery View Post
    When Dick and Gloria first set up the "Gun Talk" forum, Dick said that it was a forum where you could talk about anything including beagle hounds, cigars, etc. Today underneath the forum header it still reads: The "Cracker Barrel" Forum! Post whatever you like.

Once politics got too heavy, they set up the 2nd Amendment Forum as a no holes barred political forum.

Richard
    What happened to the M66 holster project?
    Sam

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    What happened to the M66 holster project?
    Sam
    Still in a holding pattern, we got busy and i never got around to it, but it is still on my list of things to do.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post

Of more interest to myself, want to compliment you on the slings that I have bought from your company. Have bought the 1907's as that is what I like on my rifles. Been using one or another of the type for forty years. Yours have been of excellent quality. Even better than the USGI slings that I used for so long. Sincerely. bruce.
    I have to second that. The 1907 slings are great. I thought maybe I would use them on the range but instead most of the use is out elk hunting. I got a 'correct" sling for my 1884 trapdoor but think I'll pick up a 1907 for that one too.

jn

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post

Bruce:

Many thanks for the kind words. Business has been rough at times over the past several years, but still hanging in there. Over the years, I've employed and run through every nephew and neighbor's kid on our road. My Mom worked for me for almost 15 years, up until she come down with leukemia, we lost her in 2012, she was 77. It was a real blessing working with my Mom. What can I say, I got to see her everyday Monday through Friday. Kind of felt like I made up for lost time while I was away playing Marine. Never thought I would lose her so soon. Today its just me and the wife (Camille), running the shop. This is our 31st year since I started in 1989. It all began while stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. In the early days, I rebuilt several of the old McClellan saddles that the base color guard used for parades and ceremonies, as well as many of the saddles at the base stables.

Regards,

Richard