Thread: Rashid

Default Rashid

Hey guys
    I have a nice Rashid rifle.
    The bore looks very good.
    I haven't fired it yet but intend to do so soon.
    What ammunition do you like for accuracy?
    I'll probably start reloading if it shoots at all well.

I have had a Rasheed carbine for a very long time. A long time ago the only 7.62x39 ammunition available was Lapua. It was expensive but it shoots very well. Now there are many ammunition choices. The Rasheed is somewhat rare and parts are difficult to find. I no longer shoot mine.

Well, I would hate to break a part that can't be replaced.
    On the other hand it seems a shame to have a gun and not shoot it.
    I took it to the range yesterday and it is surprisingly accurate even with old surplus steel case stuff that I have

A few years after I purchased the Rasheed, incomplete kits were available. I thought about purchasing a kit for parts. Without knowing what might be missing and the cost was about 75% of the purchase price of my complete carbine, I did not purchase spare parts.

I enjoyed shooting the Rasheed, but I have many surplus firearms that spare parts are available, so not shooting some of them does not trouble me.

5. Default

Sounds like insufficient gas. Gas port is adjustable with a special tool. Egyptian 7.62x39 is brass case ammo.

I looked at GB #858649658. That Rasheed is marked "BAGHDAD 7.62 MADE IN IRAQ". I believe my carbine is marked "MADE IN UAR" (United Arab Republic (Egypt and Syria) was a sovereign state in the Middle East from 1958 to 1971). Does anyone know how many different import markings were used for the Rasheed carbine?

Mine is marked MADE IN UAR also, that and BAGHDAD are the only ones I have heard of

A long time ago the only 7.62x39 ammunition available was Norma. Lapua are relative, over priced, newcomers.
    The "Military Factory" says there were 8000 of 'em made and all of 'em in Egypt. And parts are virtually non-existent. Don't think I'd expect great accuracy. However, any commercial ammo will do. Leaning towards Sellier and Bellot or Prvi because they're both cheap, good ammo and boxer primed brass cases.
    The United Arab Republic was a political union between Egypt and Syria. Syria had a coup and left, but Egypt kept using the name until 1971. And the kids think history is boring. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    The "Military Factory" says there were 8000 of 'em made and all of 'em in Egypt.
    With the "Made In" markings in English, they were probably added during importation. So who got creative with the markings?