1. Default How to identify an original duckbill?

Without paperwork from Crane how do you know if a duck bill is original or not?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856742599

Thanks

2. Default

It's not a military shotgun so what difference does it make?

3. Default

I was talking to a fellow collector about these who said he is aware of reproductions being made over 20 years ago. There may have been other reproductions since then. Not sure how to tell the difference between a real one and a repro. Scosgt is correct that it's not a military shotgun. It's a 1970 production shotgun. But you would be surprised to see what kinds of firearms the SEAL teams used. It could have been a commercial purchase but there's no way to tell for certain. Did you notice it's missing the clamp that goes around the barrel and mag tube that stabilizes the duckbill from moving?
    Last edited by Tom Doniphon; 03-06-2020 at 08:38.

Blog Entries

stock is also cracked

Blog Entries

What does the duck bill do that a plain barrel pr Cutts Comp dpesn't do? Don't understand

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    What does the duck bill do that a plain barrel pr Cutts Comp dpesn't do? Don't understand
    It creates a wider horizontal shot pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I’m guessing a strand of barbed wire in the bill . . .then a 12 ga. blast will negate the obstacle!

Blog Entries

Hmmm.....the shot stays together in the barrel until it leaves.....so I guess th duckbill limits the vertical shot dispersion. For antipersonnel, what is the best suggested best range?
    Last edited by PWC; 03-07-2020 at 12:55.