Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

quite a mix of headstamps as well,

I think the used whatever the " DUMP" truck delivered.

3. Default

What about the split necks? Suppose the mfr. skipped annealing?
    The can indicates the cases were 'once fired'. Does anyone on this forum have a barrel with a machinegun chamber? Or a machinegun barrel installed on a bolt rifle? Barrels? I believe I have 6.

Split necks? I have disagreed before, the time to stop shooting this ammo was immediately after discovering the first problem with the necks.

F. Guffey

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    The can indicates the cases were 'once fired'. Does anyone on this forum have a barrel with a machinegun chamber? Or a machinegun barrel installed on a bolt rifle? Barrels? I believe I have 6.

Split necks? I have disagreed before, the time to stop shooting this ammo was immediately after discovering the first problem with the necks.

F. Guffey
    Exactomundo.

Split necks also suggests brittle brass from multiple reloads without annealing. Brass that’s been properly annealed can be fired multiple times without problems. I have reloaded every round that I shoot and I always examine each ejected case for signs of trouble before chambering the next round. It can be dangerous to shoot ammo that someone else has reloaded since you don’t know if the case was properly sized and annealed, what kind of powder that was used and whether the proper powder amount was used (unless, of course, you do it yourself). Too many unknown variables.
    Last edited by Merc; 03-03-2020 at 01:11.

We had three cans of this,picked it up at Camp Perry.My wife wanted a 308 special from the north store,and they had this in stock.She shot about 100 rounds with no problems.Our son was about 15 and also shot about 460 rounds through his M1a1. Then it happened a funny like bang and a lot of smoke the magazine blew apart and he just put the gun down.We checked the rifle out and it was fine,the magazine after putting it all together works fine.After finding the last case we discovered a head split from the base up a half inch.We pulled all of the rest and tossed all of the brass into scrap bucket.About the same time the reports started to be on the CMP forum.Son was okay but he left the M1a1 in his safe for about 2 years.