Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing Up

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Too many. Have 12 now, hoping to pickup the hard leg at Perry this year. Possibly go Pac-Fleet at Camp Pendleton in May. I missed another 6 or 8 in January by 2 poor shots. Just got in my head, and shot like crap at 600.

I've had Master since about a year ago, but the NRA never notified me. I was a sandbagging Expert all summer. LOL
    Sandbagging Expert...... I made Expert with the M1 while shooting across the course against AR's . For quite some time I held a club record score of 451 with an as issued Garand.

Shot Master scores for two matches and then would blow it by shooting another match with the M1... then two more matches with Master scores and then blow it with another try with the Garand on and on and I was labeled... the Sandbag.

At the second annual Garand Match at Perry I shot my first cross fire.... and watched my friend Jim Sinclair awarded a rifle for his second place finish .

ya brought back some memories... thanks
    Last edited by Sandpebble; 05-15-2020 at 02:23.

Blog Entries

Shot a social distancing, full distance XTC match yesterday. We all shot a firing point away, even pulled odd, and odd pulled even firing points. First match in nearly 3 months, lots of cobwebs and a few Covid induced pounds to shake off. First shot offhand was an X at 6. That made me smile.

The biggest hurdle was the heat. Range was at 98 degrees when we finished up. Without matches, I've not taken the time to acclimate to our summers. Exercising in the afternoons more should help my cardiovascular shortcomings. Pulse bounce was a big factor.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

3. Default

"Pulse bounce was a big factor."

When the sight drops and stops ...take your shots