Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Coronavirus

They're saying it's in Iran now, which has some cities with high population densities and limited public health resources. I read about two weeks ago a quote that "in the next 4-6 weeks we'll know [if it can be controlled]". Lots of Chinese work in Africa too. If it gets there, worldwide aircraft travel might dry up. This one may not be a practice drill.

I've been following this very closely from the first reports from Hong Kong that doctors were treating mainland Chinese for a mystery respiratory illness. Always remember governments only tell you what they want you to know. The CHICOMS have cracked down on information coming from China to control the narrative. Some of my fellow Americans tell me the Flu is killing more people then the Corona Virus but my response is how do we know that? We only know what the CHICOMS are telling us.

Here are some of the facts:

China has locked down around 70 million people. Why would they do that? They have banned public gathering and shut down factories and schools.
    The Chinese say that 14 days is a good quarantine period but one doctor said 24 is better but his statement got covered up.
    Its been reported that a person can have the virus and spread it without any symptoms for at least 14 days.
    The actions China has taken is starting to affect their economy and financial news sites are now saying markets will start to feel the effects of the slowdown in manufacturing, import and export and tourism. This isn't good.

A doctor from the CDC said in a news report today that the US must be prepared for school shut downs and business closures.

I don't know because no one is reporting how long it takes for a person to recover if they have the virus or the real death rate. I know of three Chinese Doctors who have died from it as of today.

I've prepared my family members the ability to self quarantine for at least 30 days with food, surgical masks and gloves. I don't know where this is going but the old boy scout in me says be prepared.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

They're saying it's in Iran now, which has some cities with high population densities and limited public health resources.
    Who could ask for more?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I'm a certified emergency team (NET) member in Portland. I emailed "command" at the City today to see what the plan was for an outbreak and I got a response "the County takes care of medical stuff" My own thought is when the virus hits thousands of people wil be laid up and need care. I figure us NETs can do most of the caregiving, at lest until we get sick and have to be cared for ourselves. I'm up for it but is the city/county?

jn

Is Captain Trips here yet?
    Tickets, Please!

6. Default

"the County takes care of medical stuff" Not much of an answer, especially to one on the front line. If it hits my area we'll do the best we can, but the worst part is in the beginning we will not know what we a dealing with. The FLU season is in full swing and I am sure many will think that is what they have. Hopefully a vaccine will be available shortly. tony in VA

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    Wow!

Great link, thanks!

China has also said it originated with a rare ant eater. I suspect, with no proof of any kind, that critter escaped from a Chinese Biological Warfare lab. I wouldn't worry about it. Even Doctor Oz says wash your hands often and you'll be fine.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    China has also said it originated with a rare ant eater. I suspect, with no proof of any kind, that critter escaped from a Chinese Biological Warfare lab. I wouldn't worry about it. Even Doctor Oz says wash your hands often and you'll be fine.
    and alcohol kills it to ,

so bottoms up!!