Thread: 50 years of fun

Default 50 years of fun

This May I will have had my Ruger 10/22 for 50 years and it is still accurate. I have done many things to it since my parents bought it for me for the princely retail sum of $54.50. This was their present to me for my 18th birthday, 2 months early. I am on my 3rd stock, 5th scope and soon will be the 3rd set of all replacement springs.
    My 10/22 has done it's share of hunting with me as well as the numerous plinking adventures of pleasure. I learned early that my rifle liked two types of ammo. For hunting I use nothing but CCI Mini Mags and in the early days was Winchester Wildcat, dirty and cheap. One thing I can say is that I never had one that didn't go off and hit what I was aiming at. I could buy a brick for $7.00, try that today! The only thing I disliked was the 10 round magazine, just getting warmed up and out of ammo. In 1977 I picked up a 25 round Condor magazine that I am still using today. About 5 years ago the local gun shop ran a "special" on the new Ruger mags and I bought 10 of the. Got sick and couldn't try them out so I can't comment on them. I am going to try and find some lightweight canvas and replicate the mag carriers that the STG-44 used.
    Sam

Blog Entries

Careful Sam, I once had a chance to buy Washington's hatchet; the handle had only been replaced twice and the head once.
    Last edited by PWC; 02-18-2020 at 07:26.