Remaining books REDUCED by an average of 25% …..

I have an excellent selection of relative “modern” military and some naval books for you to browse. Also (see below) some railroad and sports car books. Some are relatively hard to find in any condition.

NOTE: Books marked with a (*) …. A librarian friend of mine had a very large number of aviation, military, railroad and sports car books donated to her library and she was unable to use all but a very small number (this is a school library). I offered to attempt to sell some of the books her library can’t use. Any of these books sold will have all the proceeds (less postage, of course) donated back to her library. I can give you details if you want to PM/email. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a receipt for a “donation”.

A) Payment can be made by check or money order. I may have to hold checks until they clear unless you are known to me. Paypal can be used, but a 4% premium will be added to offset fees charged by Paypal unless you do it as a gift/family.

B) All prices do not include shipping. Shipping is done by USPS Media Mail, which I have found economical and secure and now comes with tracking numbers. I will quote a shipping price, when you make an offer. Insurance is optional. Although I pack and ship very carefully, I can’t be responsible if you don’t insure large purchases.

C) Books vary in condition and I do my best to describe them properly. Books are hard-backed unless otherwise mentioned. Any questions will be gladly answered. I will also provide reasonable pictures of the books or their content if you want. Obviously, “I’ll take it” trumps over “Can you send me more information?” 

D) When you contact me about these books, please inquire by book title, not number. You can contact me through this forum or at –rrsbls@msn.com-- (remove dashes)

E) Books are for sale on several forums. When two people offer to buy the same book or books, the earlier email/PM is considered first. I try to update this list to show purchased books at least once a day.

I. (Mostly) Modern Military Aircraft:

*1) “Combat Colours: Military Aircraft Markings” by Bob Archer. A complete, all-color paperback of colors and markings of Western combat aircraft of the 1990s. Near new, $7.95 REDUCED to $5.95

*2) “A Pictorial History of the Blue Angels” by Jim McGuire”. A Squadron/Signal magazine-format book on the glory days of the Navy’s Blue Angels. Numerous photographs and color paintings, plus a complete roster of those officers assigned to the Blue Angels through 1981. Relatively rare, large size ppk VG-Ex. $15.00 REDUCED to $11.00

*3) “Summer Thunder” by Brian Shul. A beautiful, oversized pictorial story of the US Air Force’s Thunderbirds aerial demonstration team. Says the author: "I was fortunate enough to get to spend an entire winter season with the team. I flew with them, attended their briefings, and generally watched as a team came together during a very difficult three month trial. I was able to see the behind-the-scenes story of what it takes to make that show happen, and it was phenomenal. I was faced with new photographic challenges also, as the intense maneuvering and high G forces of the Thunderbird routine brought new meaning to the word concentration. Near new to new oversized – plastic cover but NOT ex-library. $12.50 REDUCED to $9.35

***Bundle Price – buy both #2 and #3 and pay just $15.00***

*4) “A-6 Intruder Walk Around” by Lou Drendel. An EXTREMELY rare book, one of the first of Squadron/Signal’s “Walk Around” series. Used copies sell for anywhere from $50-125.00 in this condition. A step-by-step and incredibly detailed look at the Navy attack bomber which saw service for over a half-century. I can send you detailed photos if you want to know more. VG-Ex. (only a bent corner prevents this from being near/new to new condition) Large oversized paperback. $29.95 REDUCED to $22.50

*5) “McDonnell Douglas DC-9” (Great Airliners Series) by Terry Waddington. A definitive review of McDonnell Douglas's local service jetliner, this book describes the DC-9's progression from the early Series 10 to the Series 50 that paved the way to the MD-80 series. This fascinating story includes development, production, sales, political battles, and a review of the airplane's operation in worldwide service. Waddington supplements his vast knowledge of DC-9 history with meticulous research. Near new w/plastic cover (NOT ex-library), rare/uncommon: $22.50 REDUCED to $16.50

*6) “The A-7 Corsair II in Detail and Scale” by Bert Kinzey. An early Detail and Scale book oversized PPK. – including technical data, several three view drawings four pages in color and kit and decal reviews. G/VG - $6.00 REDUCED to $4.50

*7) “The F-15 Eagle In Detail and Scale” by Bert Kinzey. As described above, only on F-15. VG-ex ppk. $6.00 REDUCED to $4.50

II. Sports Cars & Auto Racing: a rare selection

*1) “Porsche 917” (Kimberley’s Racing Sportscar Guide #1) by Michael Cotton. Although it is only 64 pages long, this book has everything from developmental storyline to historic photos and insights into the drivers and teams that made the 917 a success story. Hard to get, very large paperback, VG, $25.00 REDUCED to $18.50

*2) “Porsche 917: The Winning Formula” by Peter Morgan. The super-fast Porsche 917 dominated international motorsport in the early 1970s. Designed to win the world-famous Le Mans 24 Hours race, the 917 became the focus of obsessive ambition for all connected with its spectacular existence. Here, from a Porsche expert with unprecedented access to company records and the engineers involved, is the full story of the 917, which in 1997 was voted the world's greatest racing car. Includes coverage of 917 development, the 1970 Le Mans 917 win, the 1100bhp racers, and drivers Elford, Redman, Attwood and Bell. Another very rare edition! Near new oversized, in plastic cover (NOT ex-library) $50.00 (check Amazon prices on this one) REDUCED to $35.00

*3) “Racers: The Inside Story of Williams Grand Prix Engineering” by Doug Nye. Frank Williams was one of the “movers and shakers” for the Grand Prix racing circuit and this is the story of his team. Large, oversized and illustrated edition. Near new, Mylar cover (NOT ex-library) $12.50 REDUCED to $9.50

III. Railroads and Railroad modelling:

*1) “Rock Island Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment” by Steve Hile. (NOTE – NOT Rock Island Arsenal!!) This hard to find book contains over 300 color photos of passenger and freight cars, non-revenue cars and miscellaneous equipment. With informative captions, the pictures convey detailed information but written in an enjoyable fashion. Invaluable for the Rock Island fan as well as the modeler seeking details on authentic paint schemes, numbering, weathering and car usage. 128 pages. Near new, $30.00 (again, check Amazon prices on this one!) REDUCED to $22.00

*2) “Signatures in Steel” by Greg McDonnell. This magnificent book captures the drama, intensity, vitality and poignancy of Canadian railroading with simply the best photographs available anywhere and a moving text by railfan Greg McDonnell. As a nation, Canada owes its very existence to the railroad. Large number of color photos – an oversized book on the Canadian railways. VG-Ex. $10.00 REDUCED to $7.50

*3) “Greenberg's Guide to Lionel Trains: 1970-1991 : Motive Power and Rolling Stock” by Roland Lavoie. Part of the twilight of the era when ever kid wanted a Lionel train for Christmas. A listing of virtually all the locomotives, boxcars and other “rolling stock” from that era, with est. prices if you collect. Near new to new, 300+ pages, oversized. $20.00 REDUCED to $15.00

*4) “Diesel Modeler’s Guide Volume 2” by Randy Lee. Well-done and extremely useful guide to modeling diesel locomotives. This volume includes detailed sections on the GE Dash 9s, the Atlantic Coast Line F-units, the ATSF GP60s, the B&M GP9s, the Louisville & Nashville Frogeyes, Nickel Plate ALCo RSD12, the Seaboard Air Line RSD12, as well as many others. Detailed photos, models, etc. Oversized PPK. Near new, $12.50 REDUCED to $9.50