Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"...moving to Georgia from Florida...While in Georgia..." Eh? Just curious.
    Is it not a Federal requirement to ship FFL to FFL when crossing State borders?
    The shipping carrier issue can be an issue, but that's more about who the carrier's customer is. If the smithy calls 'em, he's their customer and Viking Guy has no 'say' in anything.
    I believe you can go to your local FedEx(They're the CMP's carrier. So they know about shipping firearms all over.) office and get them to go get the thing and deliver it to whoever/wherever you tell 'em to. That means you are their customer, you pay for the insurance(don't even think about not having insurance.) and have the 'say' if something goes wrong. Dunno for sure though. So call FedEx and ask.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...moving to Georgia from Florida...While in Georgia..." Eh? Just curious.
    Is it not a Federal requirement to ship FFL to FFL when crossing State borders?
    The shipping carrier issue can be an issue, but that's more about who the carrier's customer is. If the smithy calls 'em, he's their customer and Viking Guy has no 'say' in anything.
    I believe you can go to your local FedEx(They're the CMP's carrier. So they know about shipping firearms all over.) office and get them to go get the thing and deliver it to whoever/wherever you tell 'em to. That means you are their customer, you pay for the insurance(don't even think about not having insurance.) and have the 'say' if something goes wrong. Dunno for sure though. So call FedEx and ask.
    the owner of a firearm (handgun or long gun) can ship to the repair or warranty center, and receive it back , across state lines,

Certainly I would insure, pay the shipping, and pay for the smiths efforts in boxing up and taking to the carrier. But, in the end, its his call as to his comfort level and I respect that. Re moving from FL to GA...Though we dearly love our rural lifestyle on the St Johns river, after living mostly in FL since the late 70's (my wife is a native Floridian) we have both grown tired of the heat and humidity for 9 months of the year, the hurricanes (we got whacked 2 years in a row), and the bugs. We are trading all that for a rural place in the North Georgia mountains where we will have 4 distinct seasons though none extreme and actual terrain vs all flat. There are trade offs, but we are both retired and we have both loved and have visited the Ga mountains for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Guy View Post
    . . . . . .We are trading all that for a rural place in the North Georgia mountains where we will have 4 distinct seasons though none extreme and actual terrain vs all flat. There are trade offs, but we are both retired and we have both loved and have visited the Ga mountains for years.
    Anywhere around Blue Ridge, Blairsville, Cleveland, Helen, or Hiawassee?

Cleveland. Friends say its really snowing there today

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Guy View Post
    Cleveland. Friends say its really snowing there today
    Yeah, I know . . . .

Son and grandson in Milton, Ga., have about 1 inch of “useless white stuff” littering their real estate!