Default US Army boots 1962 NOS

My father had these but they were too small for him to wear, when he died in 1991 I
    took them and stored the boots all these years. Never been worn or laced-up. Any
    idea as to value if I decide to sell them ?dscn3189.jpgdscn3190.jpgdscn3191.jpgdscn3192.jpg

Viet Nam era "Jump Boots." A must for a paratrooper or the well dressed soldier who didn't mind spending a premium price to wear the best. Are they Corcorans (sp.) The boot is still manufactured by Corcoran and full retail is $130.00 to $170.00 depending on where you get them.

Unfortunately I don't think Viet Nam war re enacting is really big but they are a nice pair of boots with a bit of nostalgia for some folks. My bet would be $50.00 - $60.00 as just a nice boot that looks very gently worn. A former Viet Nam era paratrooper might give you more just because it is from the right period. If they are Corcoran boots they may bring a bit of a premium over that.

If they were the WW II brown issue they would bring a really hefty price.
    Last edited by Art; 02-06-2020 at 04:51. Reason: Correction

These boots are standard issue US Army, the cap over the toe was discontinued in 1962, when you
    entered basic training, you received two pairs of boots and one pair of dress low quarter shoes.

Upon further review:

You are correct. The boots are a black version of the "russet boots" and were issued from 1956 to 1962 when they were superseded by the "McNamara" boots that I was issued in 1966.

Where You Stand on an Issue Depends on Where You Sit
    Last edited by Art; 02-07-2020 at 08:51.

Also checked - jump boots are taller and have 12 eyelets for the shoe lace while the standard
    issue US Army boot has 10 eyelets for the shoe laces.

What is the size? I was issued a couple of pair of these in '62 and the most important lesson learned didn't come until I wore them at home in '65. Those heels will leave really nasty black skid marks on wood and linoleum floors - but only on the ones that you willl be expected to clean.

The size is in the first photo 7 1/2 R the date of manufacture is 7-62, they deleted the cap over the toe in 1962.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    Also checked - jump boots are taller and have 12 eyelets for the shoe lace while the standard
    issue US Army boot has 10 eyelets for the shoe laces.
    My jump boots: the forward part of the heel was 'sloped' or angled so that the heel wouldn't 'catch' at the plane's jump door.