Default Contortionist Marine I’m sitting, Subic Bay, 2975

I was BLT 1-4’s Dental Officer this was August, 1975, and we got to shoot on the Boton Valley Range, totally lined with pine trees and windless like an indoor range. This guy from Subic Marine Barracks is amazing and I have never seen anyone else who could do this. Almost surprised the usmc let him get away with it. I am standing with a Navy M-1 I checked out next to Capt. MOV Greene.96D199FC-A132-49E5-BE19-5CB3DB714492.jpg6BA6CBA9-072C-499B-B28B-3F8F0AC85DE4.jpg2B4CB25C-DFBC-45D0-BFD5-11B04F4C1166.jpg

I should add we were 3rd Mar Div and had M-16s but the Base Marine Barracks had M-14s
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 01-25-2020 at 11:12.

He obviously did not have a Navy mutton gut to get in the way. I am so jealous. Even at my teenage Marine thinnest, I don't think I could have managed that without a whole lot of stretching ahead of time.
    Talk about a low profile sitting position.

Blog Entries

I have a friend I used to shoot with, he went Distinguished on the M14 (Civilian, not Service) that is built like that guy,

his sitting position is similar, tho not quite as low

taller lanky guy,

I am shorter, and fatter, and could not get that low in sitting if I tried

I had a lot of fun shooting that M-1, the young marines had never experienced the “chiiiiing!!” I walked through the MAU Camp and cadged salutes which I returned from Sling Arms, right shoulder arms, and the trail arms. I figured that might be my one chance to use my 7 years of ROTC 22-5, and it was.

More power to him. I guess the Marine's are more forgiving than the NRA. I don't think NRA or CMP rules would allow elbows to touch the ground. The sitting position is supposed to be supported only by the body. I've always had issues with trying to get my right elbow locked in front of my knee. That makes it hard to stay in position during sitting rapid fire. I did go on a diet once and lost enough weight that when I went into sitting I bent forward and my elbows nearly went to ground. Thing is, I shot my first SRF possible that day.