Default WANTED: 1980s Colt M16A2 handguards in South Carolina

Looking to trade some AK furniture for a nice set of the old glossy black handguards with the thin fiberglass feel.

Possibly also an early A2 grip with the same thin feel and glossy black color.8FC50F9E-AC84-4F88-AC5E-808DD1E31AE2.jpg
    Insert Quote Here

Blog Entries

explain thin??

some were glossy, some were matte, both were the same thickness,

I may have some extra Matte finished ones,,

BTW, we have done business before on another forum
    Last edited by lyman; 01-23-2020 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    explain thin??

some were glossy, some were matte, both were the same thickness,

I may have some extra Matte finished ones,,

BTW, we have done business before on another forum
    I’m just looking for ones like the early production A2 in the picture. Thin as in same light feel as old triangular ones with smooth texture, not thicker modern plastic with dull texture that are sometimes oval shaped instead of round.

The pistol grip is slighter thinner than modern ones, and shares the same color and smooth feel, with the backstrap serrations being even with ALMOST no curve to them.

I don’t know if I can afford to ship the AK furniture, that’s why I was looking in-state.
    Last edited by pipboy344; 01-23-2020 at 09:48.
    Insert Quote Here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    I’m just looking for ones like the early production A2 in the picture. Thin as in same light feel as old triangular ones with smooth texture, not thicker modern plastic with dull texture that are sometimes oval shaped instead of round.

The pistol grip is slighter thinner than modern ones, and shares the same color and smooth feel, with the backstrap serrations being even with little to no curve.

I don’t know if I can afford to ship the AK furniture, that’s why I was looking in-state.
    what I have is late 80's early 90's USGI stuff,

don't recall any being thin or similar to the A1 triangles,

they are not oval (you may be thinking of the M4 double heat treat sheilds?)

either way, you may want to put a WTB over on the AR15.com EE, if you have not already

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    what I have is late 80's early 90's USGI stuff,

don't recall any being thin or similar to the A1 triangles,

they are not oval (you may be thinking of the M4 double heat treat sheilds?)

either way, you may want to put a WTB over on the AR15.com EE, if you have not already
    It would be Mid 1980s, no later. Same time as big button foward assists and all grey metal on the M16A2.

The FEEL, they feel thinner and lighter than modern handguards with a smooth texture like the triangular ones.

Most modern handguards sold as “A2” are almost as thick as M4 and oval shaped. Palmetto State Armory and Panther Arms sell their rifles with these, for example.

I’ve had an ad up there for a week.
    Last edited by pipboy344; 01-23-2020 at 09:47.
    Insert Quote Here

Bump
    Insert Quote Here