Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewood theft

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    How about some sort of noxious spray ?
    Looking for, THOSE FOUND HERE AT NIGHT WILL BE FOUND HERE IN THE DAY!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Sam
    They're on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    They're on ebay.
    Tks!
    Sam

Someone needed wood but too lazy to cut it themselves. Install a fence and make ‘em work for it. Motion sensor lights will help.

Food for thought.

If you have neighbors who will steal something as plentiful and valueless as firewood and wear a hoodie to keep from being recognized they may steal anything they can from you.

Are your tools, lawnmower, weed eater, chain saw, patio furniture, etc, etc. safe?

Stealing wood? That's a lot of work for nothing. I'd guess kids. Or really po folks who need to heat the house while the child is being born. Or just good exercise for youngsters. I live in AZ so that's hard to reconcile. Around here they might steal Freon or whatever the substitute is for that. I remember when the catalytic converters were a hot item. The Toyota trucks got hit a lot. Well, they sat so high you could just about sit in a lawn chair and work under the truck.
    Gun Smoke is right; watch out for the next week or two. Thieves aren't much smarter than fish, they will do the same thing again. Try to steer them away harmlessly.
    Last edited by dryheat; 01-16-2020 at 10:51.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    Food for thought.

If you have neighbors who will steal something as plentiful and valueless as firewood and wear a hoodie to keep from being recognized they may steal anything they can from you.

Are your tools, lawnmower, weed eater, chain saw, patio furniture, etc, etc. safe?
    On my building I have 3 locks to navigate and all the big stuff is up by the house. Down in the driveway I have two motion sensor lights which click on for 1 minute and then reset. I will be installing a big solar light to illuminate the area and other ideas in thought. I have a nosey gossip locally and I let her know that when I catch the thief I won't call the law.
    Sam

When I was young most all the farmers that had a decent amount of land would talk about owning guineas. These birds will squawk at the least little thing alerting the dogs. A lot of people said they were the best watch dogs you could have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sam
    I have that sign. Found it on Ebay for $6.00,

- - - Updated - - -

Coils of barbed wire?

On my building I have 3 locks to navigate and all the big stuff is up by the house. Down in the driveway I have two motion sensor lights which click on for 1 minute and then reset. I will be installing a big solar light to illuminate the area and other ideas in thought. I have a nosey gossip locally and I let her know that when I catch the thief I won't call the law.
    Sam
    Justice Shed

Last edited by togor; 01-18-2020 at 08:02.