Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Falling in love again!

I see that Colt has brought back an old girl friend in a new form...PYTHON!
    I had a 4" blue about 45 years ago and let a Deputy friend of mine take her away from me. Mom has agreed that I can use some of the tax return to purchase a new 4". Too bad Myres Saddlery is no long around for my leather goods.
    Sam

The Python looks really good. Everything I've read indicates it shoots as well as it looks. Holster? El Paso Saddlery is a very good start. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Great decision by Colt.

Reviews say it's actually an improvement on the old Python. Better more consistent trigger pulls, stronger frame, simpler lockwork, and, perhaps best of all, Colt claims to have solved the timing problems that plagued Colt revolvers for many decades. $1,500.00 sounds like a lot of money but unlike the "S&W Classic" current production magnums it is supposed to have fewer manufacturing short cuts, hence the higher price. I have little interest in the current line of S&W revolvers because, while they may be just as good functionally as the originals, maybe even better, they fall short on materials and workmanship. Choosing between a new production Model 27 and a new production Python I'd probably eat the extra $500.00 and buy the "snake gun."

If everything they say about the new Python is true, true it's definitely in the "not cheap but worth it" category. It would not only make a great trail carry gun it would make an equally great night stand gun.
    Last edited by Art; 01-13-2020 at 06:09.

I am waiting on the blued model, probably by early summer. One thing IMHO is that the retail cost will be around $1,000 give or take a C note. I do predict that the price of the older model's will drop drastically as most were just shooter's and not collector specimen's. I look to see the $25-3,000 guns go down to $4-500 guns. I wonder if a Detective Special is in the offering as well?
    Sam

"...improvement on the old Python..." I'm hearing no factory trigger job on the "new" Pythons.
    "...the extra $500.00..." That's for the name etched/engraved on it. Colt has been marketing on the name for eons.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    I am waiting on the blued model, probably by early summer. One thing IMHO is that the retail cost will be around $1,000 give or take a C note. I do predict that the price of the older model's will drop drastically as most were just shooter's and not collector specimen's. I look to see the $25-3,000 guns go down to $4-500 guns. I wonder if a Detective Special is in the offering as well?
    Sam
    DS's don't bring the coin on the secondary market like a Snake Gun does,

the new Cobra (out a few years now) will likely be as close as you will get

I dunno, Sam . . . you might want to take a look at Hickok45's latest video. Maybe waiting a bit is a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dO-lQEX49U
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

I look to see the $25-3,000 guns go down to $4-500 guns.
    I'll take ten. I sold my Python and made a lousy $200 on it just before they went crazy. I loved the pistol I never should have considered selling it.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I'm assuming these just came out since the Colt home page states Python 2020. They are listed as sold out. Either the demand is very high, a very limited number were produced, aren't in production yet or are being released as a "supply and demand" gimmick to benefit the selling dealers. In any event I wouldn't get my hopes up yet for finding one for $1500. Colt likes to play games with the public.

https://www.colt.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    I'm assuming these just came out since the Colt home page states Python 2020. They are listed as sold out. Either the demand is very high, a very limited number were produced, aren't in production yet or are being released as a "supply and demand" gimmick to benefit the selling dealers. In any event I wouldn't get my hopes up yet for finding one for $1500. Colt likes to play games with the public.

https://www.colt.com/
    hype leading up to the Shot Show,

likely the big supply houses have some on the way, or in house with a release date after the shot show,

I would expect late spring/early summer before you see them in a shop, depending on demand and initial reviews (which so far seem to be good,, but I'm a cynic on gun reviews)