1. Default staking swivel for 03a4

i'm confused regarding the forward staking swivel on a Remington 03A4 or 03A3 for that matter. I see one that is just the one piece bayonet lug with a staking swivel attached and one with a separate band holding the stacking swivel behind the bayonet lug or perhaps over the rear of it. Hopefully you guys know what i'm speaking of.
    thanks

Blog Entries

the one piece band \ bayo lug w\ stacking swivel attached, is 1903, and milled, IIRC

the 1903A3 used a stamped band behind the bayo lug for the swivel (not connected)

Default Model 1903A3 parts

Here is a photo showing the parts from a group that I sold last yeardscn3030.jpg

4. Default

thanks,
    scott

That'd be a stacking swivel. However, nobody would ever stack a sniper's rifle.
    "...1903A3 used a stamped..." All that kind of stuff was stamped on an '03A3.
    Rummage around here.
    https://m1903.com
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by kicker View Post
    i'm confused regarding the forward staking swivel on a Remington 03A4 or 03A3 for that matter. I see one that is just the one piece bayonet lug with a staking swivel attached and one with a separate band holding the stacking swivel behind the bayonet lug or perhaps over the rear of it. Hopefully you guys know what i'm speaking of.
    thanks
    This is the stacking swivel as used on the 03-A4. With the change from machined to stamped small parts the stacking swivel/upper band became two assemblies.

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

By the way, M1903A3 / A4 sling and stacking swivels are permanently assembled to their bands by staking, and are not to be taken apart.

Some are determined to remove the screw from the stacking swivel assembly, and normally end up with no threads left in the band.