Thread: Is this the place for air guns?

Hybrid View

A little off subject but I remember back when R-12 Freon was 99 cents a can. Someone came out with full auto BB guns that used the Freon to power them. The Shotgun News use to be full of listings for these "guns". Effective range was about 15 yards and rate of fire was around 3000 per minute.

Before long kids started making a$$es of themselves by shooting up cars and house windows while driving by and the guns were discontinued.

Now days the R-12 is gone, R-134 is about $5-$7 a can. I suppose compressed air used for air horns would work though.

People that had them and used the Freon said firing short burst was better because the release of Freon made the BB's clump and freeze together.

I have one of the Daisy "Winchester" M14 BB guns (uses 2 of the larger CO2 cartridges and fires semi auto). It is mostly plastic but otherwise somewhat realistic looking from a distance. I haven't measured it but it appears to be near life size. I bought it thinking I could fit a real wooden stock to it but lost interest. I've never shot it even. One day maybe.
    Last edited by Gun Smoke; 01-13-2020 at 08:45.