Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is this the place for air guns?

A38769C6-7C40-43E8-84F3-CFA4D6DE996D.jpg

They are revolvers and I’ve been having fun with these copies.
    Last edited by JB White; 01-07-2020 at 06:11.

Blog Entries

who made the webley clone?

they are both really interesting. some close up pictures please.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    who made the webley clone?
    For practical purposes it's a Webley. Their web address is on the side of the frame and the flying bullet is emblazoned on the box. Truthfully it's made on licensed contract out of Taiwan. The name of the actual manufacturer is unknown to me.

I'm having a problem navigating my way around the site in conjunction with my iPhone. How I got that single pic posted was pure serendipity. I'm not actually smart phone savvy yet. I had a post ready to go giving brief descriptions but lost the whole danged thing. Now I can't find the icon for pic posting. As soon as I figure that out the pics will come. Meanwhile I need to keep things brief lest I relegate this contraption to target status.

- - - Updated - - -

Free, for now if you have any questions I'll do my best to describe my answers sans pics for now.
    Last edited by JB White; 01-08-2020 at 02:23.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

0CD06B0F-D5BB-4057-9315-E4ADCD945381.jpg

D6323940-C6AA-4FC7-B902-6763709B06A1.jpg

If I can remember how I got here.....
    Somehow the one pic is 90 degrees off but it’s here

very nice sir. who made that other revolver?

Also made in Taiwan for Bear River. Bought mine through Pyramid Arms.
    The Schofield is a smoothbore and handles both bb and pellet using corresponding cartridges for one or the other. It just so happens the Webley also handles the same ones. Although I wouldn't run steel bb's through the Webley's rifled bore.
    Both shoot well in excess of 400 fps.

Webley handles the air better giving more shots per co2.
    Schofield has the better SA trigger.
    Webley has the piercing screw disguised as the lanyard loop.
    Schofield uses a 6mm hex. (I don't trust using the one inside the plastic grip panel)
    Webley in the pics has what they hype as a "battlefield finish".
    Schofield has their standard finish which is matte black. It's OK for what it is. Both guns have optional finishes.

Personal preference leans towards the Webley but the Schofield has a bit more forward weight for a steady hold. Both can rip soda cans in half at 20 feet without much of a problem. Off hand the groups on paper are respectable. Someday I'll sand bag them and see which one tends to be more accurate. As of today I have been shooting a variety of ammo brands. Shooter, ambient temperatures, and rate of fire add up to a lot of variances.
    While both are a little different, tit-for-tat they're on par with one another. Well, the Webley did cost $40 more...but who's counting?

I've been looking at these type of pistols online. pyramid air sure does have a big variety .

Have you seen some of the full auto co2 sub machine guns? The MP40 clone was the one that caught my eye.
    Thought about it being fun.....for about 20 minutes. Then it becomes a safe queen until next year. At least for me it probably would.

A little off subject but I remember back when R-12 Freon was 99 cents a can. Someone came out with full auto BB guns that used the Freon to power them. The Shotgun News use to be full of listings for these "guns". Effective range was about 15 yards and rate of fire was around 3000 per minute.

Before long kids started making a$$es of themselves by shooting up cars and house windows while driving by and the guns were discontinued.

Now days the R-12 is gone, R-134 is about $5-$7 a can. I suppose compressed air used for air horns would work though.

People that had them and used the Freon said firing short burst was better because the release of Freon made the BB's clump and freeze together.

I have one of the Daisy "Winchester" M14 BB guns (uses 2 of the larger CO2 cartridges and fires semi auto). It is mostly plastic but otherwise somewhat realistic looking from a distance. I haven't measured it but it appears to be near life size. I bought it thinking I could fit a real wooden stock to it but lost interest. I've never shot it even. One day maybe.
    Last edited by Gun Smoke; 01-13-2020 at 08:45.