Default Richard and Kay’s update

Kay may be frazzled, but as least she is finding some humor. Dick continues on the mend. Won't be long and he'll be demanding to go home.

Richard and Kay’s update

It was the the night before Christmas and all through the house; 5 cats were playing, one with the toy mouse. I was packing my suitcase trying to remember all the things I had forgotten pre December.
    Cookies for the nurses, pills for me and rechargers for the phone.
    Packed presents for everyone we’re sitting in the car. Can’t forget that; coming all the way back would just be too far.
    Okay I’m ready now close the door;
    “Click” goes the lock, Whoops now I know what I forgot!!!
    No! the keys on the counter, i’m locked out of the house. the electronic keys in my purse, it can’t get worse.
    I arrange for the animal sitter to get in, and my cell phone goes ,”bling bling.” It’s Richard at the hospital, they say his wedding ring was thrown away.. 21 years to the day.
    Keeping on track, I get to the hospital. 4 hours late; “What took you so long? You missed the doctor!”, growls my distressed mate.
    Tired and tattered, I leave my hubby for the night; picked up some food and checked in to my motel looking a fright. “Your credit card and ID, please” was the ladies request. Oh, crap, I left my license on the desk. “No worries,” she said, “it’s alright, get some rest, have a good night”
    In my room I get settled, eat and look for a recharging spot. I can’t find a plug, I’m missing the recharger cord?? Oh Lord!
    I call to the desk to borrow one, maybe. “I’ll be right down, says the cheerful lady.
    She’s there in a flash and what does she see? A phone already plugged into the wall. “Oh my gosh,” I exclaimed, “ I’m a little stressed, I think I’ll just thank you and get some rest.”
    So my hubby is healing and I’m okay; handling things day by day. “Merry Christmas”
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Kay sounds like a wonderful person. Hoping for more good news to come on Dicks recovery.

Once upon a time short time ago, we didn't need all those keys, credit cards, batteries, cords and chargers.

Prayers for both.