Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default winchester 97 us trench shotguns

Wondering about the value of Winchester trench guns. one is a parkerized made in 1942. possibly U. S. Navy firearm due the markings on the stock. Is 100percemt correct. The other is also 1942 dated. It is blue also 100 percent correct. Has two small scratches on the left side reciever. I am 75percent computer illiterate and do not know how to post pictures. The parkerized firearm I would rate at about 85%and the other blue 97 is about 95%. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I need to establish realistic value to these items due to the fact I may be selling these and other items.

2. Default

First of all, the parkerized M97 is 0% correct.
    As to the rest, you need to post pics.
    You statement that the guns are "correct" is obviously INCORRECT, therefore we can not give any advice without detailed pictures.

Are they break down or solid frame?? Would be helpful in helping..

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

4. Default

They are takedown. Serial number on the reciever and barrel.

They are takedown. Serial number on the reciever and barrel.
    Not very knowledgeable on '97s but thought so called Trench Guns were solid frame. If wrong feel free to enlighten me.

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

6. Default

WW1 Winchester Trench Guns were solid frame. WW2 takedown.

- - - Updated - - -

Vernon,

It might help if you could provide the serial numbers or at least the first three digits followed by XXX. You also mentioned stock markings that made you think they were possibly Navy issue. Can you describe them?

Also, SCOSGT is correct that we would be much better able to help with pictures. If you can email me your pictures at rick.tubb@verizon.net I should be able to post them for you.

Vernon, I sent you a private message.

8. Default

The blue 97 is in 932XXX serial number range and the parkerized is in 938xxx range.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Morris View Post
    The blue 97 is in 932XXX serial number range and the parkerized is in 938xxx range.
    that is in the correct WW2 serial number range,

finish should be blued,

parked is likely rebuilt

any arsenal marks on the stock?

10. Default

Stock has NEGDF with 3 underneath, stands for Naval Emergency Ground Defence Forces on right hand side. Right side has GHDin box over ordnance proof.