Default Dick has been moved out of ICU.....

RICHARD TODAY.
    They moved my guy out of ICU. Good news! He is still on the 2nd floor but doing great. He looked tired today but they had him walking and sitting. And he was grouchy. Aren’t those good signs? Tubes are coming out and he said he now knows what #10 pain feels like. I plan to go over tomorrow and stay in Chico until after Christmas so we can share the holiday together. He says thanks for all the messages I read them all to him.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Blog Entries

More good news!!

please let his wife know to take care of herself as well

Grouchy is always a good sign. Just look at us here.

Being in or anywhere near a hospital will make you tired though.

I hope the doctors aren't rushing things due to them not being present during the holidays. I know here you won't find a single doctor in a hospital during these days, not even an intern. The nurses have absolutely no authority and have to continually call the doc's at home for directions.

Point is: keep an eye on him. If he needs something it won't happen very quickly.

Again, thanks for the updates.

Wonderful news. But, do keep a close eye on him. This is good advice any time someone is recovering from surgery, especially so during a Christmas season. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

A Carbine and Mills Belt will get him noticed!

6. Default

Hey Gunsmoke. As a cardiac surgeon I spent many days and holidays away from my family. Maybe things have changed, or maybe you just live in the wrong place.

Here is praying for a speedy recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Gunsmoke
    As a cardiac surgeon I spent many hours and holidays away from my family. Maybe things have changed or maybe you live in the wrong place.
    Here’s praying for a speedy recovery,

Tell him we wish him all the best!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Hey Gunsmoke. As a cardiac surgeon I spent many days and holidays away from my family. Maybe things have changed, or maybe you just live in the wrong place.
    Nothing has changed. The hospitals and doctors in my area really, really suck. Many of my co-workers would consult the internet when they needed surgery, see who was recommended and fly out of state to have the procedure done.

No offense. Hopefully Dick has a good doctor but regardless the hospital will have a limited staff the next few days. Seen it all too many times.

Good that Dick is out of ICU. Hope things keep improving. Grouchy is a good sign he is on the mend.

I was traveling out of state for a family funeral and only learned of Dick's situation when I returned. My prayers are with him and his family.

As Jouster became more and more of a political sandbox my postings here have become rare, but I do try to stay current and stop by every few days looking for worthwhile posts. Since I joined in the early 2000s, Dick has been - and remains - among the best of the best. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery, and look forward to many more years of his excellent contributions to this forum.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997