Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Queen

1. Default Beauty Queen

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3802835/posts

Not sure if it was the cover or just inside. Probably get her DSQ now.

Maria Beale Fletcher was Miss America in 1962. The only Miss America who represented North Carolina. A Former Rockette she later took a degree in French from Vanderbilt University.

I saw a comment that she couldn't have been military trained with that "chicken wing" sticking out. Actually they taught that stance at least through the time I was in the Army 1966 to 69. I don't know why, maybe they figured it aligned the trigger finger better but who knows. Our daughter uses that stance because I taught her the way my USMC trained former SeaBee daddy and the U.S. Army taught me. Techniques do change. By the 1980s the training was to keep that elbow tucked down and in which makes a LOT more sense.

The comment that a N.C. girl named Fletcher "looked Jewish" cracked me up. Possible but extremely unlikely.
    Last edited by Art; 12-22-2019 at 09:58. Reason: Typos, spelling

Blog Entries

Chicken wing still works. I cant my AR in offhand, and still let my elbow stick out.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

not sure why, but the Chicken wing (and squeezing the stock with the same hand) works for me with my M14 and M1,

I drop my elbow with the AR

I know it is a staged photo, but it looks like the butt is on her arm,

Last edited by lyman; 12-22-2019 at 10:46.

With the right elbow elevated, the “pocket” is created for the toe of the stock.
    Lower the elbow . . .the pocket goes away.

Blog Entries

It's also common to use the space between the deltoid and the bicep muscle, rather then the pocket from the clavicle.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

could also just be the angle of the photo,

I used to shoot with a Distinguished High Master, he would just barely have the toe of the stock of his AR in the crease of his shooting jacket, with his elbow dropped,

worked for him,

Actually gents, I’m sure we can ALL agree, that she can be on our rifle team . . . even now!

In fact, she can have my spot . . . .I’ll just sit and watch!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

back when OUR GI's had the M1 and M14, you didn't have a pistol grip stock and you kept your elbow OUT to form the pocket in your shoulder. Otherwise, the 30-06 and 7.62 NATO would give you a nice bruise on the bi-cep.
    Nice looking women by the way. I'll vote for Miss Texas (even though I was from MN).
    Last edited by Former Cav; 12-22-2019 at 03:01.

Chicken wing shooter here.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy