Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not sure if he will read this but I wish him a speedy recovery. Here is a picture of Fort Mackinac to take your mind off of your rehab, regards, Curt.
    FB879975-2311-4F52-808B-265181751129.jpg

My heart is heavy hearing about Mr. Hosmer. I send my prayer for speedy recovery.

3. Default

That was December 2019, but I am sure Dick appreciates your concern.

My most sincere thanks for the kind thoughts, but you either hit an old post from 2019, or misread something currently on Facebook!

I had a 5xCABG in December of 2019, from which I am - thankfully - 100% recovered, in fact I'm better than I was. Now it's just the normal little creaks and groans of an 84-year old man. I can do anything I ever could, just not as quickly, or for as long.

My wife, however, IS currently in the hospital following a helicopter flight to have a pacemaker installed. She is due to be released shortly. Unlike me, she is not in good health so there will be a lengthy and complicated recuperation process. We hope for the best.

Dick, already knew you were in fairly good health due to your recent post here. Thankfully it seems you have good doctor/hospital care near you. Here, we have plenty of nice new hospitals, just chit for brain doctors and staff's.

Going in for the same procedures here would get you an urgent weight and height check, waste a half day for a doctor to show or not to show, get sent home, then a week later get a statement from your ins co where they had been charged $2,000 for a "complete physical".

Prayers for your wife. A pacemaker can be a good thing, almost like having a spare or backup heart. My mother had one for years. My sister has had one for years and even had it replaced once due to length of time the device had served. Battery check can be done over the phone line. Weird. Hopefully she will have the same doc and staff as you.
    Last edited by Allen; 11-05-2021 at 09:46.

Dick, I hope things go well with Kay's pacemaker procedure and that she is feeling better, quickly.

Hope all goes well for your wife.

Wife coming home tomorrow - without an intermediate stop in (been there done that - never want to again) a nursing home! She says she feels better than she has in a long time. Perhaps some of her other ailments will subside a bit. Fingers crossed!

We live in a rural Northern CA town with a population of about 6,000. We have a "hospital", but it is pretty much an emergency room and triage center. They do no surgeries, have no ICU, etc. but there is an excellent hospital about an hour away by car, which is what we do for non-critical care. They have an outstanding helicopter service, which has now saved BOTH of our lives.

Thanks for caring.

Dick glad to hear your wife is doing good and you are good from your previous pump problem. How far north are you I'm in the central valley now down from the bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajim View Post
    Dick glad to hear your wife is doing good and you are good from your previous pump problem. How far north are you I'm in the central valley now down from the bay area.
    A little ways off I5, an hour north of Sacramento. Did you ever go to the Vallejo, San Jose, or Mt. View shows?