Default Next Comprehensive Book on M1905 Bayonets...

With the passing of Gary Cunningham, will/can anyone step up and further his legacy? I have my notes on my observations of these and transitionals plus M1's...but there must be many of you like-thinking?

I doubt it.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    I doubt it.
    there are several websites out there with info on the blades etc,

books seem to be falling out of favor

I probably have the books or seen online "data".

Hyrax:

There are several guys who come to mind (Frank Trzaska first and foremost, with Bill Porter right behind) who are knowledgeable enough and capable enough to get such a book done. However, the market is very limited which makes me think that it won't happen at all or if it does it will be a vanity project with no hope of profiting or just breaking even. The guys who might buy such a book probably number in the very low hundreds. Most of the people with an interest in the M1905 want to know only the high points, are not interested in information if it can't be found free on the 'net, and are unwilling to spent $50-100 on a quality book. Those are the guys who say "I'd rather spend that money on a blade than a book." Understandable, I suppose, but not conducive to persuading potential authors to take the plunge.

The best website for USGI blades that I know of (meaning with the most knowledgeable collectors and experts..... The late Gary Cunningham was a resident there.) is the US Militaria site. The Edged Weapons section can be found here:
    https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/for...edged-weapons/

Sorry if my reply is downbeat, but I think it accurately reflects the state of affairs on this subject.

Regards,
    Charlie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Flick View Post
    Hyrax:

There are several guys who come to mind (Frank Trzaska first and foremost, with Bill Porter right behind) who are knowledgeable enough and capable enough to get such a book done. However, the market is very limited which makes me think that it won't happen at all or if it does it will be a vanity project with no hope of profiting or just breaking even. The guys who might buy such a book probably number in the very low hundreds. Most of the people with an interest in the M1905 want to know only the high points, are not interested in information if it can't be found free on the 'net, and are unwilling to spent $50-100 on a quality book. Those are the guys who say "I'd rather spend that money on a blade than a book." Understandable, I suppose, but not conducive to persuading potential authors to take the plunge.

The best website for USGI blades that I know of (meaning with the most knowledgeable collectors and experts..... The late Gary Cunningham was a resident there.) is the US Militaria site. The Edged Weapons section can be found here:
    https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/for...edged-weapons/

Sorry if my reply is downbeat, but I think it accurately reflects the state of affairs on this subject.

Regards,
    Charlie
    you speak the truth Charlie,

I would be one to buy the book, however I am one to also google a blade or particulars on a firearm or part