Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Looking for a No.4Mk2 forend...I think they are extinct

Been to usual parts places , coming up dry. Not at panic level yet but
    darn frustrated.

You reading this... don't try to "rescue" a No.4 !

you may be right about them being extinct. liberty tree collectables https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...tc-default.asp has parts sometimes that they don't advertise. you could try calling them.

Are you on the Lee Enfield Forum?
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    Are you on the Lee Enfield Forum?
    which one?

$39.95 at Gunparts. Who continue to list No. 4 Lee-Enfields under 'SMLE'. It wasn't made by SMLE either.
    They say it's an "original arsenal refinished walnut fore stock". Product #1251690
    "...don't try to "rescue" a No.4..." A very expensive thing to do these days.
    Spelling and grammar count!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    $39.95 at Gunparts. Who continue to list No. 4 Lee-Enfields under 'SMLE'. It wasn't made by SMLE either.
    They say it's an "original arsenal refinished walnut fore stock". Product #1251690
    Thank You for the assistance
    Last edited by BlitzKrieg; 12-06-2019 at 12:38.

Liberty tree collectors lists complete beech stock sets for No.4 mk2s and I would check Apex Gun Parts as well since the appear to have acquired most of Springfield Sporters Enfield parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Don't really understand why a #4 shouldn't be termed SMLE
    after all the number 4 takes the same basic 'Short' magazine as earlier #1 Mk3 known as the SMLE

( I went through boot camp with a #4)

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    Don't really understand why a #4 shouldn't be termed SMLE
    after all the number 4 takes the same basic 'Short' magazine as earlier #1 Mk3 known as the SMLE

( I went through boot camp with a #4)
    Because they are two different rifles and the No4 came around long after the ShtLE/SMLE was renamed the No1. Parts will not interchange between the two. Not even the screws unless someone forces one into the hole. The barrels clock opposite between the the two. One has the bolthead riding outside the rail while the other rides an inside rail. Etc.etc.etc.....
    I should add the short part is because its shorter than the long lees but still not a carbine. A short rifle and why they added five inches of pike length to the 1907 bayonet.
    Magazine because its magazine fed and charger loaded.
    Lee because they retained the Lee designed action.
    Enfield due to the Enfield designed rifling.
    SMLE is not an abbreviated single name. Its a conglomeration of 4 separate things.
    The No4 retained very few of the original traits as it was designed for cottage industry parts supply. They look familiar though.

Hope that helps?

BTW, the No2 is a rimfire and the No3 is the P14. Just in case you were wondering.
    Last edited by JB White; 12-09-2019 at 03:10.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

10. Default

I'm not sure if you do eBay, but there are always Mk2 forends listed. usually many more than Mk1's.