Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Krag Round Oiler

Does anyone know how rare these are?
    Attached Images Attached Images

they are not common, or easy to find .i've never seen one for sale.

Extremely rare .... I've only ever seen one for sale and it was missing its cap and applicator.

Basically unheard of these days. Have never (knowingly) seen one in person. Old story, which may or may not be true, is that a LOT of them wound up being used with sewing machines. Unfortunately, they are not marked, so you'd have to know exactly what you are looking for.

5. Default

Here is what they look like. I am aware of the one for sale about 10 years ago that was dented and missing the cap/applicator. One changed hands at the Baltimore show about 5 years ago,Attachment 46807Attachment 46808Attachment 46809

I used the pictures over on the Krag Collectors Association to verify the oiler before I bought it off ebay. It was advertised as a flask from a veteran of the 31st Infantry Division from WW2. I've never seen one in the flesh until this. Still has oil in it. Someone scratched the number 66 in Roman Numerals (LXVI) on one side, but other than a small dent on the other side, it's in very good condition.

Great pics, great find - congratulations!

8. Default

Wow

9. Default

nice. were these issued with any particular model or year?