Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Never trust the U.S. Post Office

Like most other governmental entities, they are manned by inefficient, slackers that don’t have jobs, they have a guaranteed annuity for life.

The case in point. As directed by my attorney, I placed notarized documents, original appraisals and surveys, warranty deeds, and other personal papers in a prepaid, pre-addressed envelope prepared by a paralegal.

The Post Office told me the envelope would be tracked every minute and they would know exactly where and when it was delivered. That was a lie.

They claim it was delivered on 11/20/2019, but to whom or to where nobody knows. It is lost.

If the mail was delivered to the small Arkansas town (pop. 4,000) where I live the P.O. would have the technology, but in backwards Columbia, Missouri (pop. 90,000 + 30,000 U of MO students) they don’t have access to that technology.

Just so you know...

Use a Priority Mail envelope for $7 with tracking or some Forever postage stamps? Did you check the address written down by the paralegal and verify it to be correct?

Blog Entries

post office does not do tracking well,

they do Delivery Confirmation, which is what it used to be called poorly, sometimes,

if the documents were that important, they should have gone registered mail, (it is handed off at each stop, )

priority works well for me, I mail a couple thousand packages thru USPS a year, very few issues,

like Togor said, a Priority Flat Rate envelop, with 'tracking #' would have been much better,

if you have the tracking number, call your postmaster and let them know it is lost, and you need it, now,, get them to find it

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    post office does not do tracking well,

they do Delivery Confirmation, which is what it used to be called poorly, sometimes,

if the documents were that important, they should have gone registered mail, (it is handed off at each stop, )

priority works well for me, I mail a couple thousand packages thru USPS a year, very few issues,

like Togor said, a Priority Flat Rate envelop, with 'tracking #' would have been much better,

if you have the tracking number, call your postmaster and let them know it is lost, and you need it, now,, get them to find it
    That's the lie... Both me and my lawyer have the tracking number, we have a photograph of the envelope in Columbia, MO. But the PO in Columbia cannot tell us were the package was delivered or who has it. The lawyer that charges $500/hour sent me the envelope... and instructions on what to do.

The truth is the Columbia MO PO is lacking in technology but has spent millions in art and decorations. If it had been sent to the PO in my town of 4,000 population, they have the technology to track every delivery, including 1st class mail.

But, you are obviously a Hell of a lot smarter than my highly respected lawyer that has a great reputation. Thank you, send me your Bar license and I'll pay you $550/hour to advise me.
    Last edited by RED; 11-26-2019 at 06:08.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    That's the lie... Both me and my lawyer have the tracking number, we have a photograph of the envelope in Columbia, MO. But the PO in Columbia cannot tell us were the package was delivered oe who to.

More lies and BS. The lawyer that charges $500/hour sent me the envelope... and instructions on what to do.

But, you are obviously a Hell of a lot smarter than my highly respected lawyer that has a great reputation. Thank you, send me your Bar license and I'll pay you $505/hour to advise me.
    no need to get your feathers up in arms, go call YOUR postmaster where you mailed it at, and talk to them,
    tell the postmaster it is sensitive documents and you need them delivered,

then call the postmaster daily until they find it,

you did not say what service you used, (registered, first class , Priority etc, )

hope you had copies of everything,

Do you think I am an idiot??? Of course In have been to the PO and talked at length to my postmaster... twice. And, yes, my lawyer has personally talked to the postmaster in Columbia, MO.

Do this, call the posoffice in Columbia, MO and ask them if they can track 1st class priority mail... Then call YOUR post master and ask the same question.

You may be surprised.

I'm still waiting to see your credentials that makes you superior to all of us conservatives.

Blog Entries

Do you think I am an idiot??? Of course In have been to the PO and talked at length to my postmaster... twice. And, yes, my lawyer has personally talked to the postmaster in Columbia, MO.

Do this, call the posoffice in Columbia, MO and ask them if they can track 1st class priority mail... Then call YOUR post master and ask the same question.

You may be surprised.

I'm still waiting to see your credentials that makes you superior to all of us conservatives.

bad night?

simply telling you what I know has worked in the past with stuff I have mailed, (I run a small business, I mail a lot, 90% thru the USPS)

I have talked to my post master, several times, and a few others on occasion thru out the nation, when needed for insurance claims (rare)

there is no First Class Priority mail, BTW, it is one or the other, , (first class ,or priority, not both)

never said I was superior to anyone here, that is your habit,, still got that lovely PM saved with your resume on it,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    bad night?

simply telling you what I know has worked in the past with stuff I have mailed, (I run a small business, I mail a lot, 90% thru the USPS)

I have talked to my post master, several times, and a few others on occasion thru out the nation, when needed for insurance claims (rare)

there is no First Class Priority mail, BTW, it is one or the other, , (first class ,or priority, not both)

never said I was superior to anyone here, that is your habit,, still got that lovely PM saved with your resume on it,,,,
    OK, I don't know how the envelope my $500/hour lawyer sent was labeled. I am $6,000 into this suit. Tell me again how you would you tell a trusted attorney that he is stupid for sending me a prepaid envelope to send documents necessary for the case. Tell me again why you would refuse the request.

You and togor are colluding ,.
    Last edited by RED; 11-26-2019 at 07:34.

Blog Entries

OK, I don't know how the envelope my $500/hour lawyer sent was labeled. I am $6,000 into this suit. Tell me again how you would you tell a trusted attorney that he is stupid for sending me a prepaid envelope to send documents necessary for the case. Tell me again why you would refuse the request.

You and togor are colluding ,.
    wtf does togor have to do with this?

and how are we colluding?

you mailed stuff w\o looking?
    you are complaining about a service , yet did not take the time to look at how it was mailed? and did not take the time to make sure it was mailed correctly?

who gives a crap how much your lawyer charges?? and how is that relevant?

I don't need to tell you anything, since you would not listen anyway,

maybe you should ask your lawyer about it??

the lawyer is the one you need to be questioning, and the postmaster, not me,,

do you really want to know what I think you are after this post???

Tracking and delivery confirmation only assures that the package or letter has been delivered. To whom is another issue all together. Sometimes I get other peoples mail and they get mine. You are at their mercy to put the item back in the mail box so they carrier will pick it up and redirect it to the correct address.

The best thing to do is to send important items where a signature is required.

The PO has so far lost two postal MO's that I mailed. In each case I had to fill out a form that I had to purchase from them and wait 90 days for reimbursement. This is for items you paid postage on and they lost. You don't get that money back. The forms cost somewhere between $4-$5. So they make money off of you when they mess up.

I have received wet, torn and empty mailing envelopes that got damaged during transmit. Yes I went to the PO and spoke to the postmaster. In each case he said the package probably got damaged somewhere during the delivery and in each case I said "NO S**T". There is no definition of obligation on their part to complete the transaction.

The last rifle I bought through GB was sent by USPS and was received at my FFL dealer serverely damaged. So much so that the carrier knew of the damage. I contacted the seller to see if he wanted the rifle sent back, wanted to make a claim or what. The FFL dealer took pictures, sent them to me and I sent them to the seller. He said the rifle had been sent to me uninsured because the PO had damaged several guns that were insured in the past but would not pay. He said he was better off saving the wasted money on ins vs just eating a damaged gun every so often. He reimbursed me $ for a replacement stock and other small items that were destroyed so I accepted the item to repair.

My point is, like all gov agencies, the PO has absolutely no accountability.

Nearly everything they deliver arrives w/o incident and on time but when there is a mishap you are usually on your own.

Again, for me, I send important things where a signature is required along with the tracking #. This does not prevent them from damaging or losing the item but at least the sender has some degree of proof that delivery was completed or not and who signed for it.