Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default New WWI Film - “1917”

There’s a new film about WWI called “1917” that will be coming out on December 25. It’s about two British soldiers who are tasked with delivering a message behind enemy lines. From the trailer it looks like it could be a good one that is very realistic with good special effects. It’s directed by Sam Mendes who has made some good films before including American Beauty, Skyfall, and Road to Perdition. Looking forward to this one.

Blog Entries

I have plans to see it the weekend it comes out,

looking forward to it

Very cool! Will be looking for it. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

The British SPR? The thing is, "losing 1600 men in a massacre" was of no concern to the British Army and their High Priests practicing the religion of Attrition Warfare. By their logic the Germans would lose 2000 so advantage allies. So no matter how high the production values, the premise is even more ludicrous than SPR. With that said, will watch it when it gets to Netflix.

I saw the trailer also when I saw Midway. I'll be seeing the movie. The end of the War to End All Wars is over 100 years old and we should remember all those from around the globe who fought in it.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    The British SPR? The thing is, "losing 1600 men in a massacre" was of no concern to the British Army and their High Priests practicing the religion of Attrition Warfare. By their logic the Germans would lose 2000 so advantage allies. So no matter how high the production values, the premise is even more ludicrous than SPR. With that said, will watch it when it gets to Netflix.
    it's a movie,,

I'll be looking over the scenery, at the weapons and uniforms etc,

but remember,, it's a movie,,

A Hollywood movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    A Hollywood movie.
    are you wanting love scenes like in Pearl Harbor??

not happening in this one,

BTW, HBO has been showing They Shall Not Grow Old lately,

saw that one on the Big Screen as well,

excellent movie

Don't know what your problem is, Lyman. You want to stare at the uniforms and make sure that they have the correct boots and rifle slings. I listen to the words coming out of the officers' mouths. Both are evaluations of realism within the context of what may or may not turn out to be a popcorn film. Different directors bring different sensibilities. "Dunkirk" did it one way, "Wonder Woman" did it another.