Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Really nice, thanks for all the pictures.

There, rifle is finished and I can safely take a photo of the right side, now that one of Hawk's kits has been installed. The proper stock, handguard and other small parts will be added as time progresses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill E View Post
    Really nice, thanks for all the pictures.
    Thanks. I remember not long ago the saying was without pictures, it didn't happen. I enjoy giving my camera a workout and sharing the fun with like minded folks.

Happy Daze.

Default Before the M1A

Before the reproduction semi auto M14 receivers which I believe started with the Devine Texas examples plus the
    availability of original M14 parts, barrels and stocks, a few used M1 rifle receivers. These M1 receivers were
    modified to use the M14 magazines, while some used the expensive BM59 magazines. The M14 barrel installation
    was not a problem and the M14 stocks were modified. You had to pick up the extra half inch which was at the
    front ferrule. Sometimes BM59 trigger housings and bolt catches were used too. The most difficult part was the
    operating rod. I used a cut down M1 op rod with a straight tube attached which worked out well.

A very old photo of a modified M1 receiver with M14 barrel and stock, note the absence of the charger guideDSCN1523.jpg

Nice.

As always, beautiful work.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    As always, beautiful work.
    +1

Hunting variation for one of the T44E4 receivers. Playing in the shop this morning I had one of those notorious brain farts. Why not a hunting version for one of my T44s. Initially I was going to use a Rogue bullpup chassis that's been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years.
    Came up with this. Nice thing about doing this stuff myself is , if I don't like it, I can make something else. No traditionalist in my shop.

Bula Defense Systems T44 receiver.
    Bual Med weight barrel nipped and crowned to 17 3/4".
    Bula gas cylinder assembly.
    TRW rear sight base with M1 parts.
    Chinese trigger group.
    Bula Op rod
    Chinese bolt.
    SEI gas lock front sight.
    USGI fiberglass stock.

First two went so fast, I had to add more.

Just unpacked another couple of receivers from Bula Defense Systems. I consider these M14 type receivers although the heel does not say that.

Last edited by nf1e; 11-27-2019 at 03:59.

One day when you're not building more M1A's we'll need an updated photo of your flock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    One day when you're not building more M1A's we'll need an updated photo of your flock.

I have been asked for a couple of years now to do an update. I guess it's time for another insurance photo shoot like the last time. Only had 28 M14 type rifles in that photo. Now there is about 48 and a lot more ot them with optics.