Thread: Colt M1911 parts info

1. Default Colt M1911 parts info

I'm cleaning out my cabinets and found the following M1911 parts. I'm an '03 guy and know little about 1911 prices.

Big G bbl; excellent bore, maybe 30% finish on exposed chamber, 95% on protected areas

Little g bbl; bore bright except some light deposits at base of lands which may clean out, 10-15% blue on chamber; 95% on protected areas

Springfield magazine, crisp and tight with mostly silvery gray patina, although "two tone" is still noticeable; most of the blue, tho dulled, remains on base.

Colt very nice two-tone lanyard mag 90%

Colt two-tone 75-80%

Two blued, marked L on base, 80-90%

Three blued military? unmarked 90+ %

Unmarked, parkerized, 80%

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Dokcop@gmail.com
    Last edited by gator43; 11-18-2019 at 01:54. Reason: add info

You have some good parts, but sounds like the condition may not be that great. The small G barrel has become very hard to find, but everyone is looking for high condition. Springfield magazine is tough to find, but not sure about description. The bottoms are normally gray from welding the base plate, while upper portion is bright from what appears an acid dip after tempering. Rainbow heat line is from welding base plate.

3. Default

Thanks, Johnny. None of my stuff is mint, for sure. The Springfield magazine actually has the folded base, which has a dull dark blue/brown appearance, and is about 3/4 silver grey as in your picture, with no visible "rainbow" and less finish than yours. Any notion of value range? Thanks again Dokcop