Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default I seem to have riled some people a little....

That was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who thinks I was being a wise ass or questioning their knowledge. Your answers to my post about value of some Carbines I want to sell has motivated me to do some further research and awakened a curiousity about these rifles that had gone dormant. As a result, I am taking the Rock-Ola I was going to sell off the list. Turns out I had taken some detailed pics in the past that I completely forgot about, and this rifle has quite a few original parts it appears. Value of this one could be well above what I had considered selling it for. Here is a link to those pictures. Your thoughts on this rifle are solicited and appreciated. Thanks.
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/659BC9D5AEE15B1

Some folks get upset over simple things easier than others! It seems like it's everyday life anymore!
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

did not notice anyone upset,

you asked for thoughts, and got them,

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    did not notice anyone upset,

you asked for thoughts, and got them,
    Thanks, any thoughts on this Rock-Ola?

Blog Entries

have not had time to look over the pics yet

Typical rebuilt carbine. Not much one can say other then it should be a good shooter. Value non import around $1000 +or- because its a Rock-Ola. Rebuilts and imports in general seem to be dropping a bit of late.

Blog Entries

here in Central VA,, I think the value Tuna gave you, and the one quoted on Gunboards is low\middle retail,

you may be able to get a bit more if you start you price at 12oo or 1250,, at a big show,,
    smaller show,, maybe not,

not sure how prices are in Idaho,

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    here in Central VA,, I think the value Tuna gave you, and the one quoted on Gunboards is low\middle retail,

you may be able to get a bit more if you start you price at 12oo or 1250,, at a big show,,
    smaller show,, maybe not,

not sure how prices are in Idaho,
    Prices in Idaho are mostly on the lower end unless you find a collector who keeps up with values. Closest "big" show in this region is in Spokane, WA (about 115 miles away). I've never sold at a show and probably won't. I do have and 03 FFL so I guess I could. Rules about selling collections are vague.
    Last edited by Brad in Idaho; 11-20-2019 at 02:04.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad in Idaho View Post
    Prices in Idaho are mostly on the lower end unless you find a collector who keeps up with values. Closest "big" show in this region is in Spokane, WA (about 115 miles away). I've never sold at a show and probably won't. I do have and 03 FFL so I guess I could. Rules about selling collections are vague.
    with a C&R you are good, as far as selling you collection,

however, (and there is always a however!!! ) state laws are the one to watch, as they can be the fly in the ointment,

The notch on the back side of the trigger may mean it is either an S'G' trigger or maybe even an IP trigger. It is probably worth looking at. I take it you aren't as interested in the value of separate parts, but an IP trigger alone could be worth $200 to $250. They are really tough to find and in demand.