Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair price?

Is this the delinked stuff in the brown Talon boxes? If so, it groups like one would expect mixed lot MG ammo to group. If in sealed cartons of the same lot, it could go for a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    There's an unopened military surplus can, 520rds, .30 ball M2 (30-06) of LC ammo(no date) on Gunbroker, currently at $449.99.
    Probably LC53 headstamp, sold off by the CMP a few years back. .60/round or so, IIRC. It's old but that is good shooting ammo, and NC.

Blog Entries

Talon stuff is remanufactured,

they had to pull and reload the rounds to get it imported IIRC,

I've used the pulled powder (IMR4895) they sold at the time that worked well,

I've not shot the ammo, but have seen it sell for a bit less than 'factory' M2

Two kinds of Talon, clearly marked. Talon brand, remanufactured. CMP delinked by Talon. Not remanufactured, but mixed lots. This stuff in the link below. Guessing he has that.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=239364

Quote Originally Posted by duke133 View Post
    Sunray,
    Hear ya on docs. Might have to cancel our trip for our grandson's 1st birthday too but that depends on the tests. Research has frightened the you know what out of me.
    Have not heard back from the guy yet.
    Thanks.
    Best of luck with your health diagnostics. I dislike doctors and hospitals too but sometimes we have no choice.

Keep us posted--at least the good parts.

Doc report turned out to be better than expected. Probably have to have surgery but we thought it was a lot worse. Thanks for everyones thoughts/prayers.
    This ammo is LC69 delinked repackaged by Talon and not the component ammo Lyman mentioned. I have some of that remaining too and never had a problem with it. My records show I got it back in '05 but that could be another can of LC**M2, not sure. Togor, yes this is the same ammo as on your posted link. Got it from CMP years back and put it in the ammo can. 1 box isn't even opened. To answer your question M1ashooter, the can & ammo weigh in at 89.0 lbs. Brought the scale down to see. Feels like 250 to me!
    Last edited by duke133; 11-21-2019 at 08:09.

Blog Entries

there is a vendor at the Nations Gun Show this weekend with a pile of this ammo,

he is asking $18 a box, not sure how much haggling he does, but he is selling some

Well, the guy was happy with the ammo but cut it down to 400 rds. Sealed the unopened box and 3 cartons back in the can and put it away for now. Thanks all for your input and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.