Default RIA General Officer Model

Researching a GO pistol. Does an issue list exist?
    Keith

Alleged to be replacements for elderly .32 cal. Colts, et al and called an M15. Supposed to be a prettied up Commander size 1911A1. They got gussied up pistol belts too. The issue was ended in 1972. It was same RIA that made 1903's. Doubt there'd be a 'who got one' list though.
    https://www.forgottenweapons.com/roc...fficers-model/
    Spelling and grammar count!

As far as I know there is no list of who the M15 G.O. pistols were issued to. "The Colt U.S. General Officers' Pistol" by Horace Greely has a date of issue, but no name.

The one shown below was issued to BG Walter C. Cornelius, and he purchased it upon his retirement. It came with the GO belt, holster, magazine pocket, and three magazines serial numbered to the pistol as well as all the paperwork from issue to when Gen. Cornelius purchased it.

The military was running short of the Colt Pocket Hammerless pistols in the late 1960's, and the search for a new pistol was begun. The Rock Island National Match pistol program was coming to an end, and Rock Island didn't want to lose their trained pistol smiths. Through the efforts of Rock Island the M15 was adopted as the new GO pistol. It was basically the 1911A1 service pistol cut down to Commander length. All the markings were removed, and new markings applied. Just over 1000 of the M15 GO pistols were built, and issued up to the 1981 time period.

Last edited by Johnny P; 11-17-2019 at 04:45.

Thanks, Johnny. Beautiful pistol. I have a call in to RIA to see if they can help me. Meadows third volume covers the program. I ordered a book today by Williams and Brunner also. I do not have Greeley's and will probably pick it up also. This one is a 2 digit. Barrel has p on left lug- Donor is an Ithaca (flaming bomb under the FP stop)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry pic is sideways
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by keith smart; 11-17-2019 at 03:46.