Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OP is a year old.
    However, you don't need to trim unless you need to trim. As in the cases are longer than the max case length. Set your calipres to the max case length and use it as a gauge first. It way faster than putting 'em in the trimmer.
    Spelling and grammar count!

2. Default

I love my forster press, but the only thing I didn't like was not having the ability to measure seating force. Well, I think I found a solution. I attached a torque wrench to the armature. Torque is directly related seating force.
    This is a quote from another forum, it seems the poster is trying to avoid saying neck tension and or bullet hold. He invented a new description called seating force.

And then there is his torque wrench all the way out on the end of his handle and that is not the end of it because there has to be some kind of leverage under the ram. Someone should go over to that forum and remind him everyone understands what he means when he says neck tension.

If he is going for foot pounds he needs he needs a lot of help. I have tension gages, all of my tension gages are marked off in pounds.

F. Guffey

Someone should go over to that forum and remind him everyone understands what he means when he says neck tension.
    Since you found this information why don’t you go over and tell him. You do a pretty good job of telling everybody on this site...

John in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Since you found this information why don’t you go over and tell him. You do a pretty good job of telling everybody on this site...

John in SC
    Mr Cook, you speak the truth

5. Default

I love my forster press, but the only thing I didn't like was not having the ability to measure seating force. Well, I think I found a solution. I attached a torque wrench to the armature. Torque is directly related seating force.
    Not my intention to drive you members to the curb or lock you up; I am told reloaders understands what the other is saying. I have strain gages and tension gages, that puts me at a disadvantage with reloaders that understand what the others are saying because my gages measure in pounds. It is not as simple as A times B = AB or is it?

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 10-25-2020 at 07:47.

I bought a ergo roller handle from inline fabrications for my Lee 4 hole turret press. Sure makes it easier to use and better for my arm.