Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

BK, thanks.

My press is crinkly brown also, but didn't include the '03.

2. Default

I hope it is OK if I do not purchase/add a Forster Co-ax to the bench. I have a Herter 6 position turret press, a 2 ram Herter, a U frame Herter and then there are all of those 3s and Super 3s. If I added a Co-ax to a bench something would fall off the other end. And then there all my three non-cam over RCBS Rock Chuckers. And the list goes on and then we come to the one I put away, I purchased it from a commercial kitchen supply store. I knew what it was the first time I saw it but the dealer insisted on selling it as a H/D juicer. I looks like a spider doing push ups when it is going through the motions.

The dealer went through his sales pitch and then let it go for $10.00...he did not have enough parts to make it work as a juicer plus he would have to start with it mounted upside down under the table.

F. Guffey

Sure, it's OK. Deal on the juicer is pretty neat.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I started on one in the mid 90's that was probably older than I am,
    Bought mine new in the mid-'70s after reading a glowing review in some gun mag, & even after 2 doz moves since then, still have original box & papers. Some years later a friend who was moving gave me a Rockchucker that I sometimes use for special operations, but absolutely love my Bonanza, which was the original name before Forster took over. Bonanza offered many other ingenious designs, somewhat as Lee does today, my other favorite being their hand-held pistol powder measure.

Have bought a few accessories for it over the yrs, but never seen that roller handle, which I really like. Likewise the LED lights, which should be a big improvement over the very hot goose-neck lamp I've been using.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Bought mine new in the mid-'70s after reading a glowing review in some gun mag, & even after 2 doz moves since then, still have original box & papers. Some years later a friend who was moving gave me a Rockchucker that I sometimes use for special operations, but absolutely love my Bonanza, which was the original name before Forster took over. Bonanza offered many other ingenious designs, somewhat as Lee does today, my other favorite being their hand-held pistol powder measure.

Have bought a few accessories for it over the yrs, but never seen that roller handle, which I really like. Likewise the LED lights, which should be a big improvement over the very hot goose-neck lamp I've been using.
    I have a similar vintage Forster/Bonanza powder measure do go with the press,

like most measures, it does not like long grain powders , but with ball it is very accurate,

still use it for 5.56 loads

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieg View Post
    Go to Inlinefabricartions.com and get the roller handle for the Co Ax press.
    So this handle is not made by Forster?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    ...like most measures, it does not like long grain powders
    Best I've found for cutting long grains without sounding like a coffee-grinder is the old B&M. However, I don't like using the separate measuring tubes, which prevent dropping directly into the case, so next-best is my antique Ideal #1, which is a Cadillac compared to the common #5.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Sure is nice to have a little discussion going. To opine is as American as it gets.
    Your photo shows the exact roller handle I use. I have 3 of them...different lengths. The one in your photo has proven itself to be the only one I truly need...after figuring out how to effectively full length size rifle brass w/o gorilla leverage. Only took me 60 years !....Its lanolin and you can make this lube up or buy it direct from Dillon. I use 50 50 blend of pure lanolin and rubbing alcohol. Make sizing effortless. Comes off easily in tumbler.
    Last edited by BlitzKrieg; 10-10-2020 at 05:44.

9. Default

Pretty neat how it keeps the spent primers and associated yuck in a little bottle rather than all over the press, floor and operator.
    That is not as amazing as the reloaders inability to fix something; I will never understand why they spend more time complaining than they do in research. I do not know of a reloader that owns a Rock Chucker that knows the Rock Chucker is not a cam over press. And now they want me to take them seriously when replacing the Rock Chucker.

If I was going to choose another press I would choose the 2 ram Herter or the 'U' type press and there is the Super 3s. When using the Herter presses I would not choose to take instructions from Internet instructors because they quit using the Herter press before they understood how it operated.

All I expect a reloader to be is fair and objective.

F. Guffey

The USAMTU used this @ Benning to load their 300 Win Mag I was told some time ago.
    Sam