UPDATED and REDUCED!! All books from the original list are reduced in price at least 25%

ADDITIONS – I added a few new books (not yet reduced) – some good books on military aircraft of the 1980s and 90s!

I have an excellent selection of military and WWII books for you to browse. Some are relatively hard to find in any condition.

NOTE: Books marked with a (*) …. A librarian friend of mine had a very large number of aviation and military books donated to her library and she was unable to use all but a very small number (this is a school library). I offered to attempt to sell some of the books her library can’t use. Any of these books sold will have all the proceeds (less postage, of course) donated back to her library. I can give you details if you want to PM/email. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a receipt for a “donation”.

A) Payment can be made by check or money order. I may have to hold checks until they clear unless you are known to me. Paypal can be used, but a 4% premium will be added to offset fees charged by Paypal unless you do it as a gift/family.

B) All prices do not include shipping. Shipping is done by USPS Media Mail, which I have found economical and secure and now comes with tracking numbers. I will quote a shipping price, when you make an offer. Insurance is optional. Although I pack and ship very carefully, I can’t be responsible if you don’t insure large purchases.

C) Books vary in condition and I do my best to describe them properly. Books are hard-backed unless otherwise mentioned. Any questions will be gladly answered. I will also provide reasonable pictures of the books or their content if you want. Obviously, “I’ll take it” trumps over “Can you send me more information?” 

D) When you contact me about these books, please inquire by book title, not number. You can contact me through this forum or at –rrsbls@msn.com-- (remove dashes)

E) Books are for sale on several forums. When two people offer to buy the same book or books, the earlier email/PM is considered first. I try to update this list to show purchased books at least once a day.

I. REDUCED!

1) “Peace Was Their Profession” by Mike Hill. This large format volume is a grand tribute to all of those who served in SAC from its inception in 1947 to its disestablishment in 1992. The great variety of aircraft and missile systems of Strategic Air Command are shown in over 800 color and black and white photographs, making this volume one of the definitive pictorials on the subject. Uncommon in this condition: Near new, $20.00 REDUCED to $14.95

2) “Day of Infamy” by Walter Lord. Written in the late 1950s, it is still perhaps the BEST “you are there” book on the attack on Pearl Harbor. Written when many of the participants (on both sides) were still in the prime of life and their memories fresh. Near new, $8.00 – REDUCED to $5.95

(*) 3) “Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. Fleet” (Naval Institute Guide) by Norman Polmar. An 600+ page LARGE oversized guide to all the ships and aircraft of the navy just after Desert Storm. Each class of ship and aircraft is delineated and (in the case of ships) their status when the book was published. THE guidebook to the U.S. Navy. VERY large oversized, near new, $10.00 REDUCED to $7.50

(*) 4) “Inside Amarc” by Jerry Fugere. What used to be called “the Boneyard” where acres of WWII aircraft went to be cut up into scrap. A modern look at the facility at Davis-Monthan AFB and shows that sometimes, aircraft are resurrected. Over 300 photos, including a large section on aircraft nose art. Near new, in plastic dust cover but NOT ex-library. $16.00 REDUCED to 11.95

(*) 5) “Tarawa and Wasp Class General Purpose Amphibious Assault Ships” by Arnold Meisner. Looking at first glance like aircraft carriers, these special-purpose assault ships and designed for numerous missions landing troops ashore, although some of them can carrier Harrier STOL fighters. This book not only shows the ships themselves, but the equipment and vehicles they can carry and put ashore. Magazine-sized book, ppk. $9.95 REDUCED to $7.45

(*) 6) “North American F-100 Super Sabre” by David Anderton. The F-100, the “Hun” was developed as an air-to-air fighter, later a nuclear-missile carrier and finally, in Vietnam, a capable fighter-bomber. A complete history of the development and use of this aircraft, including later use by the Air National Guard. Ex/near new ppk. $10.00 REDUCED to $7.50

(*) 4) “The F-100 Super Sabre in Detail & Scale” by Bert Kinzey. One of the first of Bert KInzey’s series of books giving intricate detail about warplanes. Three-view drawings, cockpit detail, etc. VG/Ex. Trade ppk. $7.00 REDUCED to $5.25

II. NEW (to list) added:

(*)1) “Grumman F-14A/B Tomcat” by Jay Miller. A magazine-sized “airfacts” book made up of almost all photos. A beautiful ‘middle section in full color which also includes a large number of line drawings of the Tomcat in Fleet service. Near new/new ppk, $7.95

(*)2) “McDonnell Douglas F-15A/B/C/D/E Eagle/Strike Eagle - Aerofax Datagraph 6” – similar to #1 but many more pages and more detail. Again, numerous pictures and line drawing, many in color. Excellent reference book. Near new, new ppk, $8.95

(*)3) “Lockheed F-117 Stealth Fighter - Aerofax Extra” by Jay Miller. A magazine sized ppk. Which was brought out shortly after the introduction of this stealth fighter. $6.95

***Bundle Price***

Buy all three aerofax fighter books and pay just $19.00

(*) 4) “Pictorial History of the Blue Angels” by Jim McGuire. This book deals primarily with a present day group of men and aircraft that represent the epitome of Navy and Marine Corps aviation. In order to more fully understand where they came from, this book also takes a brief look back to the very beginning of naval aviation and early precision acrobatic flying. During those early years the men of those acrobatic teams, and the aircraft they flew, ventured into a realm of flight that bore a resemblance to the early days of American space pioneering. Large number of photos and paintings. Oversized trade ppk., $11.50

(*) 5) “Combat Colours; Military Aircraft Markings” by Bob Archer. A pictorial study of the odd and unusal markings of several countries’ combat aircraft. All color trade ppk. Near new, $9.95

(*) 6) Lionel Trains 1970-1991 Motive Power and Rolling Stock” by Roland LaVoie. Volume 1 of this three volume series is a complete guide to modern era Lionel motive power and rolling stock (box cars, passenger cars, gondolas, hoppers, specialized cars, etc.). Color photos throughout. 336 pages with index. Near new/new, RARE at this price and condition! $25.00

(*) 7) “Rockwell International B-1A/B” by Don Logan. Magazine-sized and format with numerous pictures. Foldout middle section with color photos and line drawings. Near new trade ppk., $7.50

8) “How Can Man Die Better: The Secrets of Isandlwana Revealed” by Mike Snook. In January, 1879, a massive Zulu host attacked the 24th Regiment in its encampment at the foot of the mountain of Isandlwana, a distinctive feature that bore an eerie resemblance to the Sphinx badge of the outnumbered redcoats. Disaster ensued. Over 800 British soldier were killed. The author reconstructs the final phase of the battle in a way that has never been attempted before. It was to become the stuff of legend, which brings to life so vividly the fear and smell the blood. (remember the two classic movies, “Zulu” and “Zulu Dawn”) Near new/new trade ppk, $9.00